1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like women all think I automatically want to get with them because I'm male

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unkempt Harold, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Unkempt Harold

Am I just insane? I'm nice to everyone, but I feel like a lot of women think I'm trying to creep/ be manipulative so they try to avoid me -.-

Y we no can be friends??? X[

2. Greeley

Re: I feel like women all think I automatically want to get with them because I'm mal

You should check out my "You're lying" thread.

It's kind of talking about the same thing where girls get annoyed when i say i'm gay and don't want to sleep with them.

I think its just one of those things where if you're considered "masculine" then you're being a "dog" and only playing gay to see them naked and everything.

3. Unkempt Harold

Re: I feel like women all think I automatically want to get with them because I'm mal

I'm gona go look for it now ^.^

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2014 at 12:26 AM ----------

Can u link me?

4. Greeley

5. Mogget

According to a former lesbian friend of mine, it's also common for straight girls to worry that lesbians are gonna creep on them. I think a lot of it has to do with how women are socialized to be wary of anyone who might want to have sex with them because of rape culture.

6. Unkempt Harold

Read the whole thread :confused:.

I guess I didn't account for female ego. Guess I was sexist in assuming women couldn't have an ego ^.^

I guess there are women who think that men should just hang out with men and girls with girls :/. Pretty lame :frowning2:. I have way to few female friends

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2014 at 12:42 AM ----------

That's really sad that the false idea of rape culture would lead women to view everybody as potential predators :frowning2:

7. thekillingmoon

Don't take it personally. They probably get approached by straight guys a lot and it gets annoying after a while. I myself had my share of unwanted attention from men, so I am wary when a guy suddenly shows interest in me. The problem is straight men generally aren't interested in being friends with women, some even get offended if you suggest it. So you can't help to assume they're trying to hook up with you.

8. Unkempt Harold

I guess that makes sense. Still sucks tho :icon_sad:

9. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Many women will need to get to know you better before trusting you. It's not that they dislike all men, it's just that some have had some bad experiences with men trying to manipulate them or worse - and the consequences can be fairly devastating if you get a man who feels entitled and won't take "no" for an answer. Those might be in the minority, but how can you tell if someone's like that or not until you get to know them? Men are not only generally stronger, but often more aggressive, physically, and it's better to be cautious if you're not sure. That's just reality.

It's not just that, though. Both women and men in U.S. culture, among others, are encouraged to manipulate and "trick" each other to get what they want, whether it's sex, a relationship, or marriage. We're encouraged to treat each other like antagonists in some game, then we wonder why finding love and friendship with the opposite gender is so difficult. The whole pick-up artist movement certainly doesn't help matters any, nor women's magazines with articles like "how to get your man to commit".

There are men and women out there that don't feel that way, and I've had many rewarding friendships with men that had nothing to do with sex. So it can happen. You just have to find the right people, and be patient at first.

10. Unkempt Harold

I guess most people can't see through the BS of society :/