1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly curious about girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Budweiser, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Budweiser

Hello, I am a 22 year old female. I have always been attracted to, and dated, men. But recently I have felt curious about just dating girls (nothing too physical, yet). I figured that if I were bisexual or otherwise I would have realized it by now or would have always known.

In my teens nothing ever seemed different except 2 occasions where I had this very intense experience when I looked at one of my female friends. I can't explain it, but it made me have to sit down. Other than that, and recently, I would have thought I was just hetro.

I do not like kissing, I think it's gross. Though I've only ever kissed males. I also think that getting my hair done and my back messaged by a women feels much better than a man.

I am so scared that when I try to date a girl, even if I am completely honest with my just being curious, I will have to tell her I am just a hetro after all and it will be so embarrassing, the impending possibility of embarrassment I think scares me the most. Although these sudden feelings are frightening I would not be embarrassed about also liking women, or totally liking women. I know there is nothing wrong with that in of itself.

Anyway, how on earth should I go about this? Am I just frustrated with dating/men and just need some time? It's been over a year since I wanted a relationship.

Thanks so much!

2. Greeley

I think you should act on your curiosity and if you find someone to be curious with MAKE SURE you tell them that you're doing it out of curiosity. Most gay/lesbian/bi ect.. people will be happy to help someone through their curious stages because they know exactly what you're going through and how confusing it was.

I helped my "straight" friend through his "curious" phase. (i put quote marks there because he still says hes curious but hes admitted to being bi haha) And i was his first male experience (we didn't have sex or anything, just made out and gave him a.... male intimate experience) hahaha.

3. Budweiser

Thank you for replying :slight_smile:

This might sound so creepy, but for years I've been intrigued by homosexuality, I found myself drawn to yaoi (an "anime" term for guy/guy relationship stories), also the political and social struggles. But I've always felt sort of like an outsider, so I kind of feel like I have no business in this whole thing, does that make any sense?

4. vroompinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi! While I never got into yaoi, many of my high school friends were really into it, and many of them (all females) identify as bisexual today. Curious. Anyway, I know what you mean about feeling like an outsider. Based on your original post, I agree with the advice you're already got -- be honest, and go for it! At least, that's what I would do in your situation. I don't think it would really be very easy to validate (or invalidate) your inclinations without acting on them. Plus, you've got us here for support! :slight_smile:

5. Budweiser

Hi Vroom! ^^

Apparently I just need to go try it, but now... I don't know how to. I'm so scared that I'm going to have a freak attack of fear or discomfort and embarrass the hell out of myself, even though the other girl would obviously know I'm just exploring. How on earth do I deal with that? Maybe that needs a whole new post =/

Thanks so much :slight_smile: