1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arousal in gay men, and checking out.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pbateman, Jul 14, 2014.

1. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey guys. Quick couple of questions for you - I've been going to CBT for my OCD and things have been going good, but now things are going a bit weird in my head again, so would appreciate the help.

When you hug another male, would that cause you to become erect/aroused?

If you were to make out with a girl, would you become aroused or would nothing happen?

If you were to think of another guy sexually, would you become aroused?

Do you check out practically every male you see to see if you get aroused? And by checking out I mean just looking at their bottom half, no matter what they look like or who they are - whether it be old, young, fat, slim or even your friends. Also, do you get anxious when you see a guy topless on a TV show or something, or is it a positive feeling?

If a girl were to touch your leg, imply sexual stuff to you or whatever, would that turn you on or wouldn't it do anything for you?

Finally, if a guy did the same thing as the question above, would that turn you on, or wouldn't that do anything to you?

2. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. I am in the same situation. I have been this way for 7ys now. Ive been told its ocd but I never believe them. I keep telling them I must be in denial which I could be.

3. Greeley

If i hugged another male, i wouldnt get aroused just by a hug. I need something more intimate than that.

Last time i made out with a girl when i was a little drunk, NOTHING happened, seriously, nothing.

I do think of another guy sexually and become aroused.

I don't check out every single male. only the type that i have my personal attraction for (for example, manly, broad, muscles, facial hair ect..) and that means i look them from top to bottom to top again, and try to 'subtley' stare.

I kind of got sexually assaulted in a boys toilets by a girl who i refused sex with kindly. She just didn't get why i didn't want her even though i told her i was gay. So no, i didn't get turned on by it. A girl has never gave me oral so i wouldn't know that far but i doubt it... Girls ust don't atttract me.

And i don't think i'd get turned on by any guy touching me. But if they were my "type" then yes, i would.

4. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the reply, Greeley!

The only reason I'm asking these questions is because, a few months back my brother came out, and it set me off worrying and obsessing about me suddenly becoming gay, or not realising it beforehand. Also, I had a couple of weird dreams which haven't helped with the worrying. They involved my best friend saying he was gay, then another dream he tried to kiss me and I basically pushed/fought him off.

I do have diagnosed OCD, I was diagnosed when I was twelve, I'm 25 now, and when I was about 18 I started worrying about the possibility I could 'turn gay', or I was without realising, due to friends calling me gay because I hadn't had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. I hadn't because I had terrible confidence and other issues brought on from the OCD which meant I was a recluse for 4 years. But, ignoring that...

In regards to the questions above, I myself have never been aroused from a guy hugging me. I can make out with girls and I become aroused/erect or whatever, sometimes if I'm too into it, dry humping can occur and I ejaculate. Since I've been worrying about myself, I've been forcing images of sexual situations with people of the same sex to see if arousal occurs. It never does. However, sometimes when I have an erection already I put these thoughts into my head. Usually I become flaccid, other times it just stays, but I feel uncomfortable, and my head starts to ache.

In regards to the checking, I find myself doing this. Purposely looking at guys - friends as well - only their bottom half, sometimes concentrating more so on the crotch area to see if I get a response. I never do, but I still keep doing it. Same with if I see a topless guy on TV, I look to test myself, nothing happens, apart from my head aching and feeling uncomfortable.

A girl touching my leg, talking sexual to me, implying sexual things, turns me on. My guy friends joke around doing stuff like that to me and I never get aroused or anything.

Even when I used to look at adult video's, I would only ever watch girl on girl, or a 'solo' girl video, they aroused me. I'd never contemplated, nor wanted to 'test' any other type of video.

... yet here we are again, three months on, and I'm still worried about the possibility of turning, or somehow being gay.

#4 pbateman, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  5. Greeley

I think you're fine, don't worry about it, you're just a little curious with homosexuality, not with being gay yourself. That is what i get from your description anyway.

A lot of my straight mates look at guys and can easily say "that guy is attractive" not in the "omg i'd like that guy to bone me" way, but the kind of "i wish i looked like him, he must get a lot of girls" kind of way.

You are overthinking which is such a normal thing for everyone to do.

RELAX, YOU'RE SAFE! haha.

6. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So to you and what I've said, I'm straight, right?

I mean, I know I'm aroused, turned on by girls etc. but it scares me in case I suddenly lose the ability to like girls and be turned on by them. It also scares me in case I suddenly turn bi or something. The facts are that I'm aroused by girls, had sexual experience with girls (sustained an erection), liked girls, had girlfriends etc. etc. but it's like that's not enough to convince me. Even thinking back to high school. In maths I sat next to a girl. I liked her. Well I didn't in the sense I wanted to go out with her. She was a girl. I used to always get erections around her. Another girl when I was a bit older, I didn't like her, but I'd always make an excuse to sit next to her to flirt and stuff, make physical contact... which cause me to get an erection. Basically, every time I've been with a girl whether it be a relationship, or a girl I just found attractive in some way, I'd be turned on. It's never EVER happened with a guy.

But like I said, due to whatever reason, I'm doubting the facts. Along with these about somehow turning gay, I've also worried about becoming attracted to other things.

#6 pbateman, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014