1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction without "butterflies"

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tardis221B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

Can you be attracted to someone and not feel "butterflies"? I ask because a lot, or most of the women I find attractive don't give me this feeling. (there is one really cute cashier at my local art store though . . .:love:slight_smile: For me, if I see a beautiful woman who I'm attracted to, i become mesmerized by her beauty and can't seem to look away. My gaze just naturally falls on women.

I'm just curious if this counts as attraction? I think it does but I'm curious to hear other opinions.

2. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah it's attraction just different. I've only got butterflies a few times but that's people that I know so i guess it's a more romantic and means more to me. I really really like them. But I find girls attractive just physically (in a beauty sense) and as you say become a bit mesmorized and can't look away, but no butterflies :slight_smile:

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, It does happen. Especially if It's just a physical attraction. For me butterflies is more of a romantic attraction like thing. I have them for someone now, and most of my thoughts are romantic and sappy lol
    Either way, I think It's the better way to go. I hate the butterfly feeling; almost makes me feel physically sick!

4. Tardis221B

Thank you, everything makes a lot more sense now. Some how I got thinking that you had to feel butterflies every time you were attracted to someone, that would just get exhausting . . . :lol:

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I know this feeling.. There is a really cute cashier at the store I go to.. She's probably around 26 though.. But I think she's gorgeous. Her blue eyes and beautiful sandy blonde hair.. aw :icon_wink I would so take her out on a date. Unfortunately I feel too young to ask her out and I assume she's straight :frowning2: But she is just an average girl.. I'm more girly then her. Anyway.. You can feel attraction without butterflies.. When I get to know women I usually start feeling butterflies in my stomach because i've gotten to know them.. I kind of sometimes do get the ''lust'' feeling for alot of women.. But I don't really feel butterflies until I get to know them. Lots of girls have made me weak at the knees though. :icon_wink

Hopefully I was somewhat helpful! x