1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mags04, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mags04

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,
    Just before I met my husband 10 years I kissed two of my friends who were girls, and slept with one of them. (I've never told anyone), but to be honest I did like it, now I think I'm falling in love with a women who I think likes me to, she has kissed me on my lips before and we always flirt a bit. I've never thought I would be gay, but my feelings are getting stronger for this women. Am i been selfish, please help me :slight_smile:

#1 mags04, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. wanderinggirl

Hey there welcome to EC!

Depends what you mean by selfish. I guess I'd say yes, but also add that in this case I don't think "selfish" is a bad thing. The stuff you're feeling is important, even if you're swept up in it for your own enjoyment. The important part is now that you're acknowledging the possibility that you're not straight, you have to figure out how to be honest with yourself while not hurting your husband.

Before you go any further with this woman, or any woman, you have to figure out where things stand with your husband. Do you love him? Are you happy with him? Are you attracted to him? Do you think you'd be happier with this woman?

I'd suggest checking out the LGBT later in life forum; there are a lot of threads from people who are in straight marriages struggling with feelings of homosexuality.