1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell him I like him?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Bullet1020, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met this handsome maintenance man in our apartment and he's probably the most handsome man I've ever seen..

We started talking about his life and my life while he was fixing the toilet. Well I found out he has a son but every time we talk he never - literally never - talks about his son's mom. The thing is I'm very sure he likes me and I like him. I know it for a fact with how he acts around me and how he watches me walk away. He will always stop what he is doing. He never smile and talk to anyone else who live in the apartment. He also will only encourage me when there are other people around but when he's with the manager and he knows I'm around he doesn't look at me at all he will have this big grin in his face but never look at me.

I don't think he can make a move because he might lose his job.

It's been going on for 3 months and I really really want to tell him. I'm already 19 turning 20 this year.

I'm really scared to tell him. I don't know why I am scared because I know he likes me back.

Please give me tips.. I don't want this chance to slip out of my hands.

I feel like all I have to do is pull the fish into the boat but I can't.

Help!!!!

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, how old is this guy? And is it really possible for him to lose his job? I don't know what the rules are regarding maintenance and apartment owners, but you should check those before you try anything else. That's the last thing you want to happen.

If that all goes well, start off casually. Maybe mention a cute gay couple you saw on the street, or find some other way to talk about gay rights in general. You'll most likely be able to gauge his support/the possibility of him being gay/bi by his reactions. If he seems supportive or even a little excited, casually mention your sexuality. If he doesn't say anything about his own or reacts uncomfortably, it could be that he's either not ready to come out or not ready for a relationship.

Either way, just continue with caution, and don't panic! You'll do fine. :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually don't know .. we managed to talk about the things we like but not his age or even his last name .. The first time we talk we even forgot to introduce each other..

He's probably around 25 to 35 .. probably even younger.. and I get really weird when he starts talking to me because I just stare in his eyes and smiles and he does the same .. and that's it.. I have this idea that I should just give him my number but I'm scared.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would casually ask, "hey, do you like good coffee at all? Maybe we could go and get a coffee sometime, I know a good place for that". Keep it casual, imo. That way you won't be too nervous, it will 'look' like a really normal thing to do, although of course, it could lead to something more...hehe. But the main thing is, it's a harmless thing to just get a coffee with someone, so there should be no worry about asking. Just make it like you are striking up a basic friendship. That's what I would do.

5. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone