1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry to bother I'd really appreciate some advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Pitterpatter, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Pitterpatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I guess it's pretty obvious why I'm here right? Well I'm a 17 year old girl who's been questioning for a while now. I think I like girls but I don't know? I dated a boy, Pedro, for a while. We did sexual stuff but I didn't really enjoy it.Maybe because we were both young and inexperienced? I liked bein with him though, holding his hand and kissing. Hell, I even liked giving him oral sex. I just didn't like anything else. Despite what I liked about him, I found myself looking at girls and thinking about them when I was with him. I got scared and felt guilty so I broke up with him. One of my closest friends is a lesbian. My family knows about her and they always tease me about how she's my girlfriend. I also recently cut my hair really short so the teasing has gotten worse. It bothers me because I don't know if they're right. I don't want to say anything so usually I just ignore it. I pine after girls but I also find myself looking at guys too? I'm not sure what I like? Well I think that's it. Thanks for listening and sorry if I took up too much of your time.

2. whereamigoing

Sounds like you're stuck. well are there any specific girls you think you're attracted to? I'm going to quote yoda here so "there is no try only do", what i mean is if you think you want a non heterosexual relationship you need to go for it. maybe you'll even find someone you care about. but if you never try you'll never know and regret it later. so to sum it up, just go for broke and find people that will support you for who you are.

3. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Pitterpatter

Welcome to EC. Please don’t ever think you’re bothering us or taking up too much of our time we are here to help and support each other as we try and sort out life’s mysteries no matter how big or small. It can take a little while for folks to answer you but I’m sure that you will soon get some response from other young women who have experienced what you are going through.

As you can see I came to the party rather late in life so I don’t know how best to advise other than to say please stick around because this is a great site and someone will be able to better advise you.

Sale Gay Guy

4. littlemonster11

I know what you mean. I, too, am questioning. I've only been in a relationship with a guy, but I did notice myself also looking at girls. Even though I've never been in a relationship with a girl, I still believe there is an attraction. I think time as well as experience will help you find the clarification you seek. But then again, everybody is different. Some people just need time to just sit down and really think about it. Others find the answers by getting out there by dating, meeting new people, etc. You may need a little bit of both too. It all depends. Personally, I've never done anything beyond kissing a guy, but I know that I do like girls for sure. I think time had to do with it.

And don't apologize! You definitely are not taking up anyone's time. We are all happy to help one another :slight_smile: If there is anything else you need to talk about, do not hesitate to talk about it here. And feel free to message me if you need someone to talk/vent to. :hugs: