1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where/how did you meet your significant other?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by justpeachy1, Jul 18, 2014.

1. justpeachy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have no idea where to possibly meet girls, other than online. (im reluctant to make dating profiles online because i'm not out at all and don't want someone i know stumbling across my profile) any tips? :icon_bigg

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Unfortunately, I don't have one so I can't give personal advice. I think most people meet girls in bars, or at work or just...anywhere. Like you could be just friends and later realize they are gay and something happens.

Online is probably the -easiest- way to find gay women though. Online dating personally doesn't work for me, but it might for others.

3. Tetra

Yeah, I once made a profile on a dating site but didn't include pictures, in fear of someone recognizing me. I think it's hard to get many messages without pictures up.

I guess being introduced to other people through friends is a good one. That, or joining groups in your community/school. Maybe there's some LGBT groups around that you could join?

4. myrtle33

I have this exact same problem so hello fellow person in the same boat! I've honestly thought about putting up an online profile on a dating site but I have the same fears of someone seeing it. :/ I'm almost to the point of just saying whatever and trying the dating sites anyway though. Are there any LGBT centers near you that you could join? That would be my first choice, honestly, if there was one where I lived.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Someone wrote the chance is higher when meeting open people... so where do you meet open people... as opposite to maybe conservative ?

Points might be also the lgbt community near you, nowadays there may be many events... even gay sports clubs... football is said to have a high lesbian quote, and maybe tennis... and maybe there are online forums with events, discussions etc...

And maybe you could think about what kind of woman you like, and what kind of relationship...