1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I saw my best friend's nude pic

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by adamwiles, Jul 20, 2014.

1. adamwiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I was playing with one of my friend's phone, then I went to the pictures and stumbled into one of my best friend, wearing only a towel. It's not much, but I'm not gonna lie, it was really, really hot. Since nobody was around, my first reaction was to quickly send the picture to my phone (and delete the message so they would never find out, of course).
    After that, I looked at the picture several times that day, until I masturbated to it.
    But the thing is, he is my best friend, straight, and the only one who knows I'm gay. And he's very supportive about it.
    I can't deny that I liked the pic, but I thought masturbating to it was my limit, so I deleted it from my phone. But that was not enough for me to stop feeling extremely ashamed about what I did, and that I should've never done that. I always liked to think he's someone I would never have sex with, mainly because of two things: he's straight, and he is one of the few persons I know I can count on, I mean, he's one of the few true friends I have, if not the only one.
    This was two days ago, and I haven't seen him ever since, so I don't know if he and my friend (the one with the phone) know I saw the picture, and/or that I had it. I don't know if I covered all my tracks.
    Many things are crossing my mind, like whether he thinks I still have the pic and still jerk off to it, or even if I intend to leak it. Knowing him, having that photo leaked, for him, even he's not fully naked, would be a really big deal. I'm afraid to talk to him, and I don't know what to do. I don't want him to think I'm sexually attracted to him, and above all, I don't want to have or friendship screwed up. I hope you understood what I'm trying to say, and please send your thoughts.

2. Gen

Gen

Given the circumstances, I would imagine that he would have contacted you immediately if he had any idea that you had a personal picture of him. To be frank, stealing his picture was a serious violation of privacy regardless of the amount of time it was kept; however, it sounds like something that was done on an impulse and the fact that you feel guilty at least shows that you are aware that those actions crossed the line. Considering there doesn't seem to be any long-term consequences on either sides, I would use this as a learning experience and move on.

3. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd try no too linger on it. I've done similar things in the past and I was worried about them for ages stressing myself out with what if they found out and the guilt of it all. In the end I realised that although what happened was wrong all that could possibly be done had been (deleted the picture) and I realised holding onto the guilt was pointless.

Remember the lesson that guilt taught you but don't let the guilt consume you or destroy a friendship. In the end we all make mistakes and it's how we deal with them that's a true sign of who we are.

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can only advise you to destroy the phone or at least wipe it out (e.g. iPhone has built-in options that securely erase your phone) once you decide not to use it anymore. I read the other day that when you just delete data from it, it still stays inside and could be restored and misused.

5. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So if I understand correctly you looked at friend A’s phone and came across (no pun intended) the photo of friend B, your best straight friend. Regardless of the fact you sneaked a copy the photo you have not expressed surprise that friend A had the picture in the first place, is there something you are not letting us know e.g. friend A is a girl and how did the photo of your best friend end up on friend A’s phone in the first place? Perhaps you could clear this up for my over active mind.

Kudos for feeling guilty and deleting the photo.

Sale Gay Guy

#5 SaleGayGuy, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  6. adamwiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sale Gay Guy,
    I thought it wasn't necessary to tell the reason why the photo ended up in friend A's phone, but since you asked... Friend A (boy) and B know each other since childhood and they are both straight, I can guarantee that. It must have been just a joke, there was a picture of friend A as well following the one of friend B, but I didn't care much about it. Maybe something of those whatsapp groups, but anyway, it was just a joke for sure.

7. Sabot Kitty

I think any negative consequences of this would be mitigated if you don't tell him about it, and I wouldn't assume he knows unless he brings it up. You already deleted the picture, so there's no use in feeling guilty about it anymore.