1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if straight with "weird" fantasies or bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Vrijevogel77, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Vrijevogel77

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there,

I'm a 19 year old guy living in the Netherlands (super tolerant) with a very tolerant family and friends. Important detail is i have been struggeling with depression and some self-esteem issues. Because of this I felt some outside advise would be better. Thinking alone about myself hasn't really worked out for me so far...

So far I have only had romantic feelings for women and very feminine men, and I have only dated woman. However I feel sexually atracted to both genders and everything in between. That's why I tried both, but always felt really bad after I slept with a man. This would prove I am straight, but here is the part I love to get some advise on if possible. I still feel sexually atracted to men and sometimes still try it. Also I tend to pop up on peoples 'gaydars' and even toyed with the idea of coming out as a bisexual. Do I fail to accept myself als bisexual because of my selfesteem issues or do I have a "bisexual fetish" for a lack of a better word?
    Advise from people would be very appreciated!

2. prussianblue100

Because of the statements above that I put in bold, I think you are bisexual. Were these feelings for men just discovered recently? Then you probably just need time to adjust to the idea. Have you had these since a young age, like your child or teen years? Then, it's probably self esteem issues. I have trouble with self esteem too. Just give yourself some time to figure things out. It'll all work itself out in the end. Good luck. :slight_smile: