1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jennythebrave, Jul 21, 2014.

1. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, so i guess this post is going to seem pretty cliche, but i have no one i feel like i can talk to about this so here goes. I think i'm gay. The problem is I don't know- or maybe i do and i'm just scared, but still. I know i shouldn't label myself and sexuality is complicated but i just feel like there's this huge thing that i can't get through. I'm 16 years old and i've always known i was attracted to women. When i was 13 i came out to my parents and friends as bisexual- i will always remember the mmoment i told my parents. We were in bella italia and i was so set to tell them- so confident! But when the moment came it was like the word was stuck in my throat and i was choking on it. I did tell them and they were fine, but since then i've felt like maybe i'm really not attracted to males at all. The male body doesn't turn me on, not in the same way the female body does, and although i have a boyfriend and we actually celebrated our 2 year anniversary yesterday, i feel like maybe he's just my best friend. I just need someone to help i guess. Sorry for rambling.

2. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lot's of people come out as bisexual and later decide they are gay, and some come out as gay and later decide they are bisexual. It' not an uncommon thing. However, have you ever been attracted to men or did you just assume you're attracted to them? As for your boyfriend, maybe you should talk to him. He may be hurt, but he is your boyfriend and deserves to know (if you decide you are a lesbian that is).

3. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I assumed, but I'm not sexually attracted to men no, at least I don't think so. I have spoken to him briefly about this, and he's been very supportive. I really don't know what's going on in my head right now.

4. Notsoshure

I feel like i Can relate to this.
    I dont know what to call myself. I Get crushes on guys, i Can find them attractive, but not sexually. I dont think i would ever want to do something sexual with a boy. I Can imagine myself being with a woman in The future, i find women sexually attractive, i am still not shure since i have not had any crushes on girls.
    You might be gay, biromantical homosexual might be a nice label? I dont know. You should maybe tell your boyfriend how you feel, it sounds like The right thing to do. He is your boyfriend after all, he should be supportive of how you feel.

5. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you, that sounds exactly how I feel

6. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the same boat, but from the perspective of a male. I am beginning to believe more and more that I am gay because I can easily imagine myself having sexual relations with a guy but can't picture it with a girl. I don't have romantic feelings towards men, though but do towards women. I don't know what path to take. I am very confused, and it is tearing me apart.

7. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know exactly how you feel, If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here

8. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you kiss heavily a member of your same sex and enjoy it then you are "NOT STR8"
    I hear str8 men saying they would get with a guy... they are "NOT STR8"