1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I repressing my sexual desire for women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I'm a women who identifies as bisexual (possibly leaning towards women). In the past I have enjoyed my sexual relationships with men (and still do) but I have a very strong craving to be with a women in an emotional way. I just have a question though; I do have a desire to have sex with women but it's not in a turn on kind of way, it's more emotional.

I was in a few relationships with women when I was younger - I felt great that I had such a close intense relationship with another woman but I couldn't really like the sex.

I never think of women when I'm having my "alone" time. I always think of sex with a man. Sex with guys is so much better but emotionally I like women better.

Is it possible that I am repressing my sexual feelings for women? Can anyone relate to this?

2. Budweiser

Apparently you can have a "sexual orientation" and a "romantic orientation" when sometimes those things don't line up. I'm just learning about it all myself and I would have no idea how to deal with that. But I can tell you, that does happen!

3. I have identified as bi but leaning towards men sexually and women emotionally for a while and it sucks lol. I just can't see how I'm supposed to live a satisfying love life like this. I was sort of hoping that I would one day just forget about men/women.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, when I was younger, I thought of bisexuality as "cool, I'm open to either...so there's *lots* of people I could be happy with. Turns out (at least for me) bisexuality isn't an "either" kinda thing...I'm attracted to both and crave contact with both...which is really inconvenient given (a) I have much more romantic attraction to women, and (b) I have a strong value for monogamy (at least training...I guess I'm just in the process of finding out how "innate" this is).