1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a 13 year old girl?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChibiSnow, Jul 22, 2014.

1. ChibiSnow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Although I hate to be the person who asks the obvious, but I can't seem to find anyone my age who has posted this question on this site.

I am a 13 year old girl, who isn't very attractive and, as a result, has never had a relationship in her life. It has never really bothered me before - back when I was (slightly) younger I used to hang around with mainly boys, but coming to High School has changed that and I became friends with a group of girls and, although I get along with pretty much every guy in my year, I don't spend much time with boys in general anymore.

I have never properly considered having a genuine relationship with anyone, of either gender. I have thought of boys attractive before, and wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with one, as well as dreamed of being in a relationship with one, but never actually wanted one that badly. There is a woman, however, who is a lesbian and is in a happy relationship, and I have started to watch her videos about it, and I'm starting to think I might be attracted to her. I can't understand it, but I feel sad when I think I'll never be in a relationship with her. I want to be able to understand this feeling better. I'm not attracted to any of the girls in my school, so I'm not quite sure what my views are. Any advice?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it might be a crush

3. Really

Hi ChibiSnow,

You're still quite young. Not that you don't know what you like but you need to remember that hormones are coursing through your system and if you can, just sit back and use all these thoughts and feelings as data for the research and development project which is you.

I was completely clueless at 13 and wonder if you kept a journal of all these thoughts and feelings so when you're a bit older you can read back to help you figure out what's what!

There's really no such thing as an unattractive 13 year old so put those thoughts aside. What may look odd to you now will actually make you far more attractive and interesting looking later.

As for the lesbian on the internet(?), that sounds like a crush not unlike one you might have on a celebrity. There are crushable people in real-life, too, so keep your eyes open. :slight_smile:

Hang in there.

4. ChibiSnow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for the advice, and I will definitely consider starting a journal. You've been a great help, thanks! :slight_smile: