1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metalhead fixation XD Very confused about my sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fandom obsessed, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Fandom obsessed

Okay so I identify as lesbian but lately I don't know what the hell to identify as!!!!!

It's because I know I love women and I enjoy sleeping with women and dating them more. And I used to identify as bi-romantic homosexual which I think is pretty accurate.

The hard part is I rarely ever feel attracted to anyone. People seem to always get crushes but I feel like I get crushes selectively. And plus majority of the time I'm single which I'm cool with but I just can't understand why I am attracted to guys but I don't want to sleep with them!?

And then I seem to only get crushes on metalhead or very feminine men?

I'm attracted to women no matter what but I'm extremely picky with men... That's why I just identify as a lesbian because I almost never am interested in men.

I just can't understand how you can be attracted to metalheads and nothing else...like even my ex boyfriends were long haired metalheads...

Is this abnormal?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it's quite normal. We all have things that we like in somebody, which we feel attracted to. It is possible that you haven't found the right person just yet, or that you are still trying to figure out what makes you feel attracted to somebody. And that's okay.

The other thing to think about is that we can have different levels or attractions towards different people. Sometimes there will be a strong physical attraction towards somebody - to the point where we can't stop thinking about them anymore. At other times, the attraction can be stronger emotionally because we can connect with a person on a deeper level, and feel that 'person gets/understands us.'

What might help is not trying to fit in a label just yet. Try not to 'box' yourself in. Not attaching a label to your feelings at this point, gives you the freedom to really explore your feelings and attractions. :slight_smile:

3. Fandom obsessed

Okay! You're right! And thank you :slight_smile: I felt so stupid and shallow when I posted this.

4. Sabot Kitty

Not at all~ Self-exploration is a worthwhile endeavor all are entitled to. =)