1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I just make a pros and cons list?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Budweiser, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Budweiser

I've been confused about weather or not I'm bisexual. I look inside and see both reasons to say yes and no, so I was wondering if I could just put them on a list and if the positives out number the negatives then I can say I am and vise versa.

I've started the list here, if it can be figured out this way, maybe someone can tell me what these things mean.

Thanks!

2. lovinladies

lovinladies Guest

I used a pros and cons list, because Im a mega nerd and like pros and cons lists. But whatever floats your boat.

3. jahow95

I think you're overcomplicating to be honest. You need to answer 2 questions:
    Are you sexually attracted to women?
    Are you sexually attracted to men?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This:thumbsup:

5. jahow95

Why thank you (*hug*)

6. Budweiser

If it were that easy I don't think this topic on this here forum would need to exist ;P

7. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i think your over-complicating with this too, but try dating a women if you have not already, you seem pretty repressed too but, besides that you seem straight

8. jahow95

I actually think it is that easy, but here's a hypothesis:
    You're trying to be open with yourself about who you're attracted to and still experiencing confusion. You can't distinguish your attraction between male and female because you are bisexual.

It does take time to work it out though, especially if your past experiences don't align with what you're feeling now. Give it a few months before you make any decisions.

I emboldened, put in italics and underlined the word hypothesis so I don't get jumped on for trying to tell someone their sexuality

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2014 at 05:05 PM ----------

my personal difficulty in realising my sexuality was that i was still in denial about it. i didn't want to find out. maybe you're still in this stage?

#8 jahow95, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. TheStormInside

It may seem over simplified, but honestly this is the real heart of any of the questions you're asking yourself. I think I recall someone (maybe Stocking) posting something along the lines of "If you don't want to have sex with men and you do with women you're a lesbian." Honestly, seeing it put that simply kind of helped me. Jahow is correct that maybe you are still trying to work out whether you are sexually attracted to men and to women or not, but don't lose sight of those two questions. I'm an over-thinker, too, so I understand how mired in detail and doubt that can make you.

10. Budweiser

I know, but sometimes this complicated stuff just gets in the way. I've been giving people advice to just step back and wait for someone special to come along and if it's a boy it's a boy and if it's a girl it's a girl lol. I should take that advice but I'm stuck in front of this computer for a few weeks bord =/ so there's not much else to think about lololol.

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2014 at 02:12 PM ----------

Is it common for a straight person to just want to be gay for a while? Is that weird or offensive in any way? That might be another solution lol. My love life with men has been very... unsatisfying, boring, disappointing?

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2014 at 02:14 PM ----------

I know, I complicate things >.< funny thing is I thought the "fluid sexuality" thing was too complicated lol

11. jahow95

You can't just be gay for a while haha. I've personally never wanted to be gay, but I do want to be straight so I don't see why people can't want to be gay.

The only important thing, and the one thing you haven't included on your pros/cons list is who you're actually attracted to. Who do you like looking at, who do you want to touch and see naked? etc etc etc