1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by iamonlyaperson, Jul 24, 2014.

1. iamonlyaperson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone,
    I have been struggling for a long time about my sexuality, so I am turning to all of you guys for help. I think I might be a lesbian or bisexual.

Why I might be a lesbian:
    - I have barely have ever had a crush on any guy at my school, and get made fun of for it, but always call girls pretty or beautiful.
    - I am a little flirty with my two best friends.
    - I get butterflies when I hug a girl or I lay on their shoulder.
    -A boy once tried to put his arm around me (he thought we were dating but I just considered it a friendship) and it didn't make me feel good; it made me feel bad.
    - This may be a bit personal, but I have had romantic and sexual dreams of girls.
    -There is a girl at my school who I admire greatly and I think I have a crush on.

Why I might be a bisexual:
    - I had a small crush on a guy in the fourth grade, (who didn't go to my school)
    - I have imagined kissing a guy once, though it didn't make me feel special (as when I imagined kissing a girl, it made me feel amazing)

Does anyone have any ideas that might make me figure out my sexuality? I can't just experiment, as I am only thirteen. Do you think I am too young to know my sexuality? The question of my sexuality has been haunting me for almost a year now and I want help in knowing who I am.

2. DoctorWatson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't want to try and determine your sexuality for you. Only you can truly know what you are. But from what you've told me, I feel as though you're a biromantic homosexual like me (so you can be romantically attracted to both men and women, but you are sexually attracted to women.)

I've had crushes on both men and women. I seek deep friendships with women (absent of anything sexual whatsoever), but with men the feelings are both romantic and sexual.

You are still very young and there are plenty of years ahead of you to figure out who you are and what you like. Don't try and stick a label on yourself now.

3. iamonlyaperson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you. I think I might wait a bit to figure out everything. (But I also love Sherlock too. :icon_bigg )

4. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Could you ever be happy having sex with a man? Having a relationship with a man? Marrying and having children a man? What about with a woman?