1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flirting

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stella99, Jul 25, 2014.

1. stella99

Here's a question for all lesbians out there. What constitutes flirting between two females? I'm familiar with male/female flirting but wonder if female/female is different. Does it have to include sexual inuendos? is it more subtle? Is it the eye contact?

The answer may be that it's no different to hetero flirting. I just wondered how you tell if a female is flirting with you. Any specific experiences anyone?

2. HTBO

Hi Stella! That is an excellent question, I wish I knew. I think eye contact has a lot to do with it. I don't think sexual innuendos are necessary, maybe if you're more comfortable with each other. A lot of compliments is usually a good sign, and if they make eye contact (it's different than regular eye contact, a little longer than usual) and if they are smiling a lot it is also a good sign I think. I once had someone flirting with me. I was in the gay area of my city and I felt someone watching me, when I looked that way she had the biggest smile and held eye contact for what seemed a long time. I didn't catch on right away, but remember thinking it was the biggest smile I've ever seen, and she did it for a long time. That's when I realized she was probably flirting with me and panicked a little. That was about a month after I came out and not prepared for, now if I can find her again. I'm ready for flirting:slight_smile: Make an effort to touch them (not in a perverted way :slight_smile:), but lightly touch their arm.

3. wanderinggirl

I've only heard sexual innuendos between two women to indicate queerness, but not as a sign of flirting. Flirting itself is certainly a lot of eye contact; I think for me that tends to move to subtle body contact like touching her arm or playfully nudging her. It's just supposed to be fun for both parties. And then there's the inviting someone over part; if one of you is bold enough to say "i love that tv show! I have the dvds at home if you wanna watch it..." or something to move the conversation forward, then that's almost always a flirty suggestion.

4. thekillingmoon

Well, I didn't have a lot of women flirting with me, but it's not that different. They compliment you and your appearance. Except you get a slightly different vibe from it than when a straight girl says you're pretty. You joke with each other, maybe she'll even tease you a little (not in a bad way). Eye contact can say a lot too. I think when you like someone you tend to look at them a little longer.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In my opinion, women tend to flirt more... being nice, having a good conversation, making nice remarks... maybe not necessarily all meant in a romantic way, though.

Making body contact, like "accidential" touches, might be the next step...

For advanced eye contact, you might look up "That 3 To 5 Seconds..." by lesbiancentral on youtube. In my opinion, shy people might look away first, and give a few interested glances later.

6. DancingGirl

For me subtle flirting works best. Eye contact. A small smile. I find something about them to get them talking. Cool shoes. Hair style. Then try to get some kind of contact. I am an arm squeezer. Then compliment them maybe how soft their skin is. Or since I am a sucker for freckles make a comment about them. And if I can get close enough I can always find something wonderful to say about the eyes. If at a distance don't look directly at them. Say you have your phone out. Glance up if they are looking smile then bring your head up. If they stay with you smile bigger then kinda look away. If you catch them looking again they are hooked. Approach and have something good to talk about. I personally love flirting with girls. Its the best.

7. HTBO

DancingGirl, you are a flirting expert! I think I may need to try some or all of these :slight_smile:

8. DancingGirl

Thanks HTBO.I thought of this one last night. Use their name if you know it. Not alot. Just enough to let them know you pay attention. My crush uses this one on me. Gets me everytime. She has mastered it. I may sound but you get me around a lady I find especially attractive I am all dork. I start fumbling and get fidgety. But that works on some girls too. They are like " oh isn't she cute, I think she likes me" then they feel they have all the power and make the move.

9. stella99

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess the eye contact thing is a biggie. I suppose I was looking for things that I could say my crush doesnt do to help convince me she's not flirting. Failed miserably...

She teases me a lot, leans into me when she can and constantly holds my gaze until I look away. Im always the one to look away first...no matter how hard I try.
    There have been times ive tried to hold her gaze and even have time to think 'what exactly r u thinking?' and still I end up looking away first.

I think if you want to get the attention of a stranger you could have some fun with the eye contact game....as per school of DancingGirl:slight_smile:

10. Really

If you happened to use any of these techniques on a straight girl unknowingly, would it be pretty obvious you're barking up the wrong tree? Based on her reaction? Whatever it might be?

11. DancingGirl

I like the sound of DancingGirl's Flirt School. Might be a good place to meet girls ;-)

Really- I think most straight girls move on pretty quick. Especially if you are subtle. In my few encounters the moment you make eye contact you kinda know if they are interested. Unless it is a straight girls just looking to hook up. I had this happen once.

12. Ashestopheonix

Maybe its just something I notice when I know a girl is interested but her eyes will light up and she'll kind of look all over me... if that makes sense? and usually she won't stop smiling. But usually I don't flirt unless I know for sure a girl likes me. If I know there's an initial "interest" though I might just be like overkill nice to her and give her compliments(probably not hte best approach). not like, "you look cute" or something like that more like I'll encourage her and if were talking about a problem shes having with another girl that when I kinda step in and say something like, "I don't understand why anyone would treat you that way when you seem like such a deserving person" ( I would actually mean it, though if it fit the case.) Totally making up scenarios here, though. Something like that. You only get a "You're cute" out of me if I know you like me too.

#12 Ashestopheonix, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If she complimenting me and touching me in a seductive way ,I take it as flirting such as a hand on my shoulder or she touches my hand with her hand . To me I don't respond to compliments anymore ,if your being serious about it and touching me I'll take that as flirting .

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Eye contact, admiring looks in an obvious sexual way, etc etc