1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused whether i'm a lesbian or bi.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by K17L53, Jul 25, 2014.

1. K17L53

okay, so i know i'm not straight. and i don't have anyone to talk to about this.

i've started realizing i liked girls since i was 11. and by the time i turned 12, i thought i was bi but i didn't put much thought into it.

within the next 2 years, i started realizing i was attracted to girls more and more and probably more than guys. and last year, i had this like moment of clarification or whatever and realized that it was my subconscious making me think that i like guys, whereas i didn't. so i began identifying as a lesbian. i even came out to a couple of my friends a month so after that but i switched schools this year so it won't matter if i was wrong when i came out as a lesbian. and then things started getting a little hard for me coz i felt like i was lying to my parents (very homophobic) and that 2 months after telling my friends were....well, a really bad time for me.

but here's the thing, since the last month or so i guess, i started...well, noticing guys and saying to myself "damn, dude." i know what i feel towards girls, very clear on that part. but when it comes to guys, i don't know. I’m not sure about my romantic feelings towards them. And thinking sexually, a little while back I was revolted by it but now…..I’m not so sure. i mean guys r hot and so r girls, in my opinion probably hotter than guys. BUT guys r hot too. and i'm just really confused.

So what does that make me? Bi with a preference for girls guys r great too but….girls or a lesbian?

so, ummm, i'd appreciate a little help.

2. Klutz

If you are attracted to ladies and gents, it sounds bi to me.

But, the advise I'm going to give you has very little to do with that! Don't worry so much about finding the right label by an analytical approach. Take your time. And it is okay to grow and change. For a long time, I didn't have any label except "queer" "not straight" or something along those lines. That was all I felt comfortable with. And you know what? It was totally fine. Don't worry about fitting a label.

3. Minionluvsu

That's pretty much the same boat I'm in. I find that exploring and figuring things out is more important than finding a label. And when it comes to labels, I just go with what I feel. Labels aren't important, but being happy is. Try focusing on that, and the rest will follow. :slight_smile:

4. Hmm, maybe you are a lesbian, but a bit bi-curious. Or if not, then maybe bisexual, but with a greater preference towards girls - I'm not really sure, but like the others are saying, give yourself some time and don't think about labeling! I know it's frustrating not knowing exactly who you are yet, but you will know sooner or later. Good luck with everything and let me know if you need to talk more! :slight_smile:

5. littlemonster11

I understand where you're coming from. It's confusing and frustrating. I think taking pressure off of labeling yourself will help you figure it out, if that makes sense. It has helped me take a step in the right direction. You sound like you could be bi, but only you know for sure. There's no rush in figuring it out, so don't :slight_smile: