1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding a boyfrend in highschool

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fallensun21372, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Fallensun21372

Hi its me again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: im going in my first year of high school and i wana meet someone like me but how can i meet him? and i might be rushing this to much but i wanna help othe gay kids like me but how?

2. Fallensun21372

am i wrong to think this???

3. LD579

Is there a GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) at your high school, or LGBT youth groups where you live? Those can be good places to meet others =]

4. nomdeplume

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're not wrong at all. I think most people secretly do wish for a special someone.:icon_wink
    In terms of meeting people like you, are there any clubs for LGBT people, for example a GSA. If not you could start one as this might both help others, and allow you to meet others like yourself. But please, please be careful. Look at the attitude of the school and pupils to such societies; I know that in my school, unless it happened in the last two years of high school, when others were more accepting, then it could lead to someone getting beat up. If this is the case you might want to venture away from school life and see if there are any LGBT groups in your local area. Otherwise there is always social media, but again be careful; meet up in a public place, don't give away personal information until you have met the person and gotten to know them etc.
    In terms of helping people, this is a great sight where you can offer support to people who aren't so sure of themselves. Try and help/advice where you can, just one kind word can make all the difference.
    Sorry this is so cautionary, but I know from personal experience that there are horrible people in this world and however much you'd like to change them it's sometimes best to avoid them.
    I hope you find that special someone; but remember don't try to change yourself for others, you're perfect just the way you are. And also remember; you can still have a lot of fun with friends without needing a boyfriend so don't get too worked up about it.(*hug*)

5. Fallensun21372

ya there is gsa but i dont hav enough confidence to sign up :/ i will do my best though

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2014 at 11:50 PM ----------

ok thanks

6. nomdeplume

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What is bothering you most about joining the GSA?

7. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    You should join ur GSA
    If youre not out yet, then sign up as a straight ally until you're comfortable
    i wish there was a GSA in my school :/
    I'm not out but it would help to see who actually isn't homophobic in my school
    you could also see if anyone in ur school is out, high school has a more diverse group of students than middle school/secondary school
    Just remember to enjoy high school, it's quite an experience :slight_smile:

8. Fallensun21372

hi! sorry i took so long! good idea i will join the gsa as straight untl im comfortable and my friends wont think im gay because i make it very clear that LGBT people are not t be messed with, i hate people who insult LGBT i get furious instintly but i will try to make lots of new friends (hopefully some LGBT friend too :slight_smile: ) thanks for the responces and encouragement guys!. (*hug*)