1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Complex Self (Orientation + Gender)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by moonphase, Jul 28, 2014.

1. moonphase

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I consider myself bisexual, although about only a 1.5 on the Kinsey Scale. I'm more straight than bi, but I've had and enjoyed enough sexual encounters with other guys enough to want to have more and to call myself bi. While I have never been able to develop a male friend with benefits, I still feel like I cannot date another man. I can admire and be aroused by the male body, but I simply cannot see myself dating a man. Hence I don't consider myself up very high on the Kinsey Scale.

Due to gender identity also being on a continuous spectrum, I also don't consider myself 100% male. There are certain aspects of my personality that many would consider feminine ('free will' choices, flirting with girls, giving girls a taste of their own medicine by teasing, etc). The vast majority of my friends are female, and my closest friends are all female. I wonder if it's my "inner woman" or arrogant male side that attracts them. As such, I almost never have to initiate a conversation with a woman - they always start it.

My physical appearance is mostly masculine, with a few feminine (depending on your cultural views) characteristics. I do have long hair and wear earrings and like to keep my legs and chest smooth. That said, I do sometimes like taking advantage of that and enjoy crossdressing, though more as a fetish than a hobby or lifestyle. Although it has been few times I dress up with or in the presence of someone else, it's only been women, and I don't have interest in doing it with men. I do my clothes shopping with my female friends, and every time they ask me for my opinion on a garment I always imagine how I would look wearing it (fyi only two lady friends know what I do in the bedroom).

So, I'm a 1.5 on the Kinsey, consider myself about 10% female, like to crossdress but enjoy it with women (yes, I prefer for a man to check me out as a man, so I don't consider myself transgender or genderqueer).

I assume I'm not the only one like this :icon_wink

Please share!

2. Budweiser

Hi Moonphase

I don't generally agree with the whole "gender scale" thing. Did you know that high heels where originality menswear? And that in 19th century England the color pink and even pink ribbons were worn by boys? 'masculine' and 'feminine' are largely determined by culture, not nature. So if you like to do 'feminine' things it's probably just natural you, who has a penis, and not you who has some kind of weird brain thing causing you to be 10% female.