1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like my idendity invalidates itself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tardis221B, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

I don't even know any more. I think I do know, but I'm stuck and need help.

I hate being bi. I love it, but I hate it. I love that I can fall for someone regardless of gender, but yet I feel like my queer identity would somehow be invalidated if I were to date a man. I love my same sex attraction, I love that I fall for women. Sometimes I just wish I was a lesbian and not bi. But no matter how much of preference I have for women, I can't deny that I'm attracted to men. To deny that part of me would be lying about who I am.

Even if the guys who I like are few and far between, maybe two or three in my entire life, when I fall for a guy I fall hard. Yet I feel like if I were to ever date a guy, my entire identity would just be written off as a phase. And of course I'm currently wondering if I have feelings for my best guy friend :eusa_doh:

But to make things more confusing my feelings for men are muddled somewhere between platonic and romantic, with a dash of physical attraction. Making it even harder to discern my true feelings. Where as I can clearly tell that my feelings for women are romantic with a bit of physical attraction.

I feel like my attraction for the opposite gender somehow invalidates my feelings for the same gender. So I try to ignore my feelings for men, which ends up being detrimental to my well being. And I'm still not completely accepting of my attraction to women, so I'm always stuck in this strange state of limbo of not being able to accept any of my attractions.

That concludes my rant. Feel free to comment below if you want (*hug*)

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Why would you dating a man invalidate your being attracted to women, your still bi no matter who you date or sleep with .
    I think the reason you feel this way could probably be due ,to bi phobia bisexuals face . It takes a lot of strength for a bisexual to be happy and bi or proud and bi .
    It shouldn't matter who you like or love ,if you want to date men date them if you want to date women then date them . I know it's easier said than done but your kinda acting like your a lesbian ,that 's worried she will be judged for dating one guy . Your bisexual for God sake ,are you worried people will say your not a real bisexual because your dating a man :confused:.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds familiar. I'm bi myself and I have yet to figure out who I like more, I always guessed guys but quite recently I doubt that.

Part of me is slightly unhappy with the term bisexual, because people frown upon it. They think you're either straight, gay, or confused. Even some who are gay don't take it that seriously.. That's why I sometimes feel it would be easier to be either straight or gay, not bisexual.

It doesn't really matter what others think of it. We are who we are. (*hug*)