1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it sucks to be bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Hi,
    Just my rant...I'm not sure how to be bisexual and monogamous...I spend my days constantly fantasizing about being in a relationship with a woman but sexually I crave a man. I do also have emotional feelings for men, I am rarely attracted to women sexually. Where does that leave me?? WTF =(

I'm married to a man, it's confusing as hell. When I'm home alone, I can't stop the thought of being emotionally involved with another woman. When he comes home and I see him, the thought of women isn't as strong anymore. I know I crave men in a very lustful way and have been in love before. I'm still very attracted to my husband.

Maybe I'm reading myself wrong. With men the I get butterflies, I want to be around them all the time, I want to have sex in a animal lustful kind of way (I'm physically turned on). With women it's a very strong emotional pull, the sex is more emotional - but if I meet a man I like, I will lose my feelings for women.

2. Budweiser

You need to stop worrying about other people, men or women, and focus on your husband. Don't you love him?

3. Mr D Gamer

By the title of this thread you might not like being bisexual, but if you are struggling with it you should talk to your husband about it, if not a close friend who can listen to you and help you feel comfortable with it. You can stay with him and still be in a happy relationship, but personally I think that marriages are about honesty and he deserves to know who you are. Sorry if that sounded a bit like an order it is only my opinion, I hope you do whatever you feel is right and try your best; that's all you should do.

4. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur. For me, I'm romantically interested in girls and not to guys. At the same time, I'm sexually attracted to men and not to women. I've never dated girls but I've had crushes on them, but every time I came close to asking a particular girl out, I find major differences in our interests which automatically turns me off from wanting a relationship. It's confusing...maybe I should just be gay and be done with it.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi browneyedgirl

I don't know if any of us gets to fulfill absolutely *every* wish and fantasy we might have in life. Maybe we have to sift through alternatives and put things in order of priority? And if you are already married, if you and your husband love each other, then maybe that love you share trumps other things, for now...not saying you will never get to fulfill them, just that, well what's the most important thing?

In my case, I think I'm bi as well, and I really want to be with a guy, I want to experience that, because I never got to properly explore that 'side' of my nature. But when it comes down to it, what I am really seeking is a loving, emotional connection with another human being, and that could end up being with either a man, or a woman - and even if it meant my longing to be with a guy got 'put on hold', I think that if fell truly, madly, deeply in love with a woman, if there was true love and respect between us, well that might trump my fantasy about being with a guy. Of course I hope I can have that kind of love with a guy, but if it ends up that the person I fall for has a female body, well it's the person I will be in love with, not their gender. Whether male or female this principle will hold, I think, because really I can find both male and female forms lovely and attractive. I'm not sure I can choose just on the basis of gender! But I can choose on the basis of love.

#5 Damien, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014