1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you turn gay from bisexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BearLover, Jul 31, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm wondering, can you turn gay from bisexuality. I've had an attraction women before, that was what I was mostly interested in when I was younger, I didn't realize I was into men. I actually liked looking at guys bulges in his trousers when I was younger but didn't figure out I fancied men, I was indoctrinated to think I was straight, but I don't think I am.

I'm more interested in men now, I'm actually looking for a boyfriend but haven't though about women for a while, I think I'm interested in women still but at the moment I'm focused on men so women go off my mind, especially young women.

If you focused on men long enough could you become gay and completely become disinterested in women? For the last 3 years my sexuality has completely changed, I remember when I was 15 (5 years ago) I was only really interested in women, now it's nearly only men. I've changed from Kinsey 1-2 to Kinsey 4-5.

If I keep my eye on men long enough, do you think I could turn gay (Kinsey 6)? If I were interested in men for the next 10 years, could I completely turn gay?

2. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you always had a leaning towards men but did not allow yourself to perceive it or experience it? The bulge thing points me in that direction. When I was younger, I did not really want to face my 'gay side' so I artificially stretched out the heterosexual feelings I did have. Maybe that's what happened to you, and you were always on the gayer side of bisexual?

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think anyone can TURN gay.

Something like that happened to me too. I was suppressing my feelings and now, I look back, and I always looked at girls, and never checked out guys. Still, I had crushes on guys, and had been in the relationship with them, but it never worked out because there was no attraction (and I thought it were...crazy how human's brain can fool you).

From where I see it, it's normal. Like YaraNunchuck said, maybe you didn't allow yourself to feel that way about men. If it is suppressed attraction, no, keeping your eye on men long enough will not make you gay. Time and accepting yourself will give you freedom and bravery to be with who you want to be. :slight_smile: Good luck !

#3 MyLittleWorld, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think so , you just have the sexuality your born with and that's all .