1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to women and effeminate men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by julianne, Jul 31, 2014.

1. julianne

I've considered myself bisexual, or pansexual, or something of the sort for a long time. But lately I've noticed that all of my male partners or crushes have been extremely effeminate. I can see the appeal in a more masculine guy, but I can only see myself in a relationship with a more feminine man (or a woman, of course).

Do you think I just have a "type"? Or is my subconscious trying to tell me something?

Ellieg18 likes this.
  2. LitePenguin

Maybe you just like more effeminate guys, hah, as a type.

I mean, my last....partner was more masculine, but I like both types of guys.

Unless it's more than just body type, it's most likely just your preference in guys.

3. julianne

It's body type and personality. Part of me thinks it might mean that I'm more attracted to women, but I'm probably just overthinking things.

Ellieg18 likes this.
  4. LitePenguin

Eh, yeah, you probably are just over thinking it.

Good luck either way! :slight_smile:

5. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm bisexual and i have a preference for women but i find anyone trans instantly attractive. Anywho point is i dont think its your subconsious trying to tell you anything in particular at all. idk if you have a type or not but I think its pretty normal. i hope this helps a little ^_^;;

Ellieg18 likes this.
  6. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like you're attracted to femininity in a sexual/romantic sense. That's completely normal, I mean there are people who are only attracted to masculine men or feminine women, so in your case you're attracted to both sexes but only the feminine people out of both sexes.

Ellieg18 likes this.
  7. thekillingmoon

Feminine men are still men. Do you find them attractive as men? There's nothing wrong with having preference, it doesn't make you gay.

8. julianne

I'm dating a girl right now who is perfect for me, so I think I'm just trying to explain to myself why that I would never want to be with anyone else, if that makes sense. I think you're right, and I'm attracted to men as well, but could I possibly be bisexual and homoromantic? Again, I'm probably overthinking things. But would that make sense, since I only feel comfortable dating men who remind me of women?

This attraction has actually been harmful for me in the past, as almost every guy I have dated has realized that they were actually gay during or after our relationship. Even most of the men I've had crushes on have turned out to be gay (and extremely flamboyant. Generally the opposite of most straight guys). It would be nice to know if there was some explanation for this. Thanks for all your help so far :slight_smile:

Ellieg18 likes this.
  9. girlpower

Yes i think it does make you bisexual or homoromantic. Also, i dont think it has anything to do with masculine men or effeminate.. you might just be attracted or inclined towards sensitive/soft/caring kinda guys which i believe mostly is seen in effeminate men or lets just say effeminate men are mostly bit sensitive than other men.

Ellieg18 likes this.
  10. uniqueness

uniqueness Guest

I think you are over thinking things. If you are sexually attracted to members of both sexes, then you are bisexual.