1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this makes 0 sense to me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by justme94, Aug 1, 2014.

1. justme94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll try and keep it short & sweet but I'm a little bit frightened for the future. Here is why.

Sexually my preference is women. Everything about them is beautiful. They're the ones that really get me going. Yet, other than one girl (the first girl I ever fell for) that's all it is to me mainly. If I do ever develop feelings, their so intense but usually disappear within a couple of weeks. So relationship wise I don't feel like I want to be with a woman...

Men are opposite. Relationship wise, perfect. I love having a man. And although sexually I will do it, its just not satisfying enough. Somehow it just doesn't feel right to me.

I feel like either way I'll be miserable. Sex is a huge part in a relationship to me, like many other people. How can I be happy with a man if they don't turn me on? Yet, how can I be happy with a woman if my feelings aren't truly there?

Has anybody felt this way, but gone on to find a woman who's made their feelings change? Or a man who's really got them going and been able to stop them craving a womans touch?

Its actually so depressing feeling like this. Why do I have to like both? I wish I could just chose one gender and settle and enjoy both aspects of it.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a term for that, actually. "Heteromantic homosexual." It means you seek a romantic relationship with a man, but seek a sexual relationship with a woman.

But, don't change your label just because I told you something different. It's no one's place to tell you what you are and what you aren't - only you. But I think you know that. :lol:

As for your other question(s), sort of. I'm still confused over my orientation, but I prefer physical contact with a man over a woman. I can get married with a woman and all, but... no lip kissing or off-shirt cuddling, please.

Weird? Maybe. But yeah. Men are just more attractive to me in other ways too.

You mentioned a girl? Perhaps you will be able to find someone else like her. Don't give up hope. :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you. (*hug*)

3. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard it's common for a person to be sexually attracted to one sex and emotionally attracted to the other. I've never experienced it myself, but I'm mostly a loner to begin with. (I'm speaking in terms of bisexuals btw)

I did eventually fall in love with a guy who met all my needs after swearing off men. People are all so different...just give yourself time to find someone who makes a great match.

4. Mikoto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow luca, I so wasn't lonely. One of my classmates even dropped their boxers in the park cuz I came out. Naturally I blushed and looked away :3

Ive experienced the emotions & sexual attractions. Bad things were, they were with my 2 besties. Still besties, I got over them after lots of time :3

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was the same way!!!!! It's different now as I'm pretty sure I could have a relationship with a girl now, but I'm not kidding, I was reading and legitimately thought I had written it instead of you! I haven't been with either, but I don't think things will change much. But I used to feel the same way about liking both. I've come to embrace it more now though...But you are definitely not alone with these feelings!!

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe you just hadn't come to terms with your attraction to women yet , and you have not met a woman that you want to form a relationship with yet . Are at least taking any time to get to know these women , that you sleep with ?:confused:

I was like this too, when I started realizing I had attraction to women. Minus the liking men part I didn't want anything to do with a woman relationship wise , I just wanted sex from them , I wanted to date men in hopes that I might still want to be with them .
    I've never had sex with a woman but realizing that I liked women I felt similar to you , I did not want anything relationship wise to do with women . Mine is slightly different but I yet similar to how you felt .