1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or pan?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mikoto, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mikoto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is going to sound weird, but am I bisexual or pansexual? Yes, theyre near enough the same thing but bi means that muscules & abs actually fit in the wanted. Pan is more about personality. Im confused because I like men with muscle & ladies with long hair (don't ask) yet i would only like them if there funny, kind but serious when needed. Its just so confusing.​

2. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a similar issue, the best thing I can suggest is to take a moment for yourself in a quiet area and think about your past interests. Are you more interested in looks or personality when you first meet people? I am not sure how other people think, but most of my straight friends go by looks then by personality…..

Being a pansexual myself, I personally found that I focus more on personality and less on what they look like.

I hope this help you out a bit. :slight_smile:

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The difference between bi and pan varies depending on who you ask. One of the more common differences I've heard is that bisexual people can be attracted to any gender, but the gender is a factor, while pansexual people don't care about the gender at all.
    [Here's one person's take on the issue: http://radicalbi.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/some-differences-and-similarities-between-bisexuality-and-pansexuality/

Whether you care more about appearance or personality is really about personal preference, not about sexuality. I know bisexual people who care more about personality and pansexual people who can be attracted to people based solely on their looks.

Ultimately, it comes down to your preference for one label over the other. There's a very fine line between bisexuality and pansexuality, it's difficult to figure out what exactly that line is, and a lot of people use the terms interchangeably. There are no sexuality police that are going to come knocking on your door in the middle of the night shouting about how you chose one label but fit slightly better with the other.

#3 darkcomesoon, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014