1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bissexual people? One question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ammi, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ammi

Ammi Guest

Hello, well if anyone want to answer, feel free.

I realized I may be bissexual recently... normally I fall in love for guys (2 times), but once I fall in love for a girl, and I had a more protective feeling for her, although I think I truly liked her, because sometimes she would say I was flirting with her (though this wasn't exactly intencional).

So, is it normal be more attracted to a gender (girls) but be more romantic toward other (boys)?
    And wanting to protect girls? And wanting to boys protect you?

Someone experienced something like this? This feeling of protection with one gender?

Thanks so much!

2. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm not bisexual myself so I can't speak from experience, but I've heard of this many times before, it's definitely possible. :slight_smile:

3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not bi but I can answer this anyway.
    I think the reason why you feel more protective over girls than guys is because of the gender roles in society. Girls are seen as more fragile and not as strong as guys so people feel like they need to be protected more. And yes, it is common for bisexuals to prefer one gender over another.

4. Jason1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm bisexual and as I feel sexual to both genders, I feel like I would be the feminine part in a relationship with a male and I would want him to protect me, but with a female, I would want to protect her

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexuality is rarely 50/50, so yes it is normal to be more attracted to one gender than the other :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As long as there is an attraction, whether sexual, physical, or romantic to two genders, whatever the degree, you are considered bisexual.

6. julianne

Exactly! Bisexuality can work in many different ways and forms. Mine seems pretty similar to yours. I think there's something really beautiful about girls so I'm naturally very protective of them. With guys, I normally end up being the one who is "protected", either because of traditional gender roles, or just because of the type of boys I tend to date.

I think what we're experiencing is very normal!

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    These .:thumbsup:

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find this likely. And yes, it's completely normal for bisexuals to feel different levels of both romantic and sexual attraction toward males vs. females.

9. CongoColorado

You might very well be bisexual. I wouldn't say you are based on one experience though. Good luck! :slight_smile:

10. phony

I have some weird bisexual orientations haha. I like girls romantically more than sexually and guys the other way around. I'ts complicated, but I kinda like it :slight_smile:

Life is a dance, just flow with it.

F

11. I am bisexual and I am exactly as you described. I am more sexually inclined towards women (although I can have legitimate feelings for them), and I'm more romantic with men. I am very protective and strong with women I have feelings for, but I am very dependent and wanting to be protected by men I have feelings for.

I'm not sure if it's "normal" per se, but it is what it is, and nothing is cut and dry, especially when it comes to sexuality. If that is how you feel, embrace it, because regardless of whether or not you understand it fully, you are bound to feel that way. I don't think there is really a "wrong" way to be bisexual or gay or queer in general. Its all a spectrum. Find what is best for you, and I'll be ok. :slight_smile:

12. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is cute! That's a really good way of looking at it :grin: I like it too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Makes it more interesting!

13. Ammi

Ammi Guest

Thanks people :slight_smile: you are really helpful!

14. PookaciousOne

I am bisexual and I tend to be protective towards women not just because I care about them but I know how guys can be.My sexuality tends to be more fluid though I would say I prefer women