1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bi? Lesbian? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rhapsodic, Aug 4, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm really confused about my sexual orientation. In the past, I've come out as bi, but I'm not so sure anymore. I could be lesbian, but I'm not so sure about that either. I feel like none of those describe me accurately. :icon_sad:

I used to think I was straight. I've always been attracted to boys, but I feel like my attraction towards them is purely sexual. Looking back on all of the crushes I've had on guys, I don't think I would have ever actually dated any of them. There's only ever been one who I felt like I could be in a relationship with.

I think I've always been attracted to girls as well, I just used to ignore that part of me and push those thoughts out of my head. After beginning to accept that part of me, I've discovered how much I really like girls. I am definitely attracted to them, both romantically and sexually. I want to date girls, and in the future, marry one.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I'm bi. Even though I'm attracted to guys and girls, my attraction to girls is far greater. I don't know if calling myself a lesbian would fit me better, since I'm not really interested in dating boys, and even though I do find them attractive sexually, I think girls are so much hotter. I feel like saying I'm bi is stupid, because the part of me that likes boys is so small, to the point where I feel like it isn't even worth acknowledging.

I know people always say you shouldn't worry so much about labeling yourself, but I never know what to tell people when they ask. So, I want to know, am I bi or lesbian? Or is there some other option that might describe me better? :confused:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You tell them you're you. You like what you like, even if it cannot be summed up with a label. That makes you unique, and already presents an interesting tidbit about yourself.

Don't look for the label, let it come to you. Focus on yourself, your schooling, employment, friends, family, hobbies, and so on and so forth. As you explore and grow, you'll discover sentiments and experience situations, that will, in due time, lead you to where you, ultimately, desire to be.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can be bisexual and prefer one sex over the other, or like one sexually and the other both emotionally and sexually.
    It's called homoromantic bisexual