1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible anxiety around opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eric Dave, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Did you ever feel really anxious (not nervous now but like fearful, very anxious) around the opposite sex and was that a reason you discovered you were gay?

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I wasn't scared of the actual person, but I can't say what I was scared of. I know that sounds weird. Whenever I was around a guy, I would not want to sit close enough to touch them. Even if we were dating. My last boyfriend could tell you that I had a weird thing about physical contact. Holding hands was ok, but hugging wigged me out. We never kissed because I just couldn't. I didn't want to.

Then, I saw one of his best friends (a girl) and I just wanted to talk to her soooooo bad. Of course, she was there for him, not me, so she wanted nothing to do with me. I think she is extremely gorgeous. I realized finally, "Hmmm, maybe I don't just like guys." I rather be with a girl, hug a girl, kiss a girl, etc. I have no idea why I'm so weird around guys.

3. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have always had anxiety and not knowing why. After my first attempt of sex with a girl I convinced myself I had contracted aids (she was a virgin!!!) and I got this terror feeling in my chest.
    I have gotten it when someone picks a fight on me, or when I am afraid I have some cancer or something.

Anyway I got it around girls lately particularly when they bring me back to their house for sex. I have Erectile dysfunction and the fear maybe I wont be able to perform and so terror strikes me.

MAybe its coz Im gay.

Its a feeling in my chest.

I have gotten it over things and havent a clue why. Just if I feel out of my comfort zone I get it.

4. bitchstewie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, i was terrified of the opposite sex. The one day when 13ish, the thought 'you're gay' popped in to my head. I felt sick with worry, but then repressed the feelings. it's not that I ever fancied a boy, or had urges to have sex with men, it was my fear of women that made me come to the conclusion.
    I like the female form, it certainly doesn't repulse me, and I've had quite a few sexual partners, all be it one nighters. And I've never had a problem with physical arousal.
    But, if I know a girl likes me, it kind of scares me.
    I guess I'm scared of the emotional intimacy and 'that' connection. Which leads to believe I must want that with a man - but I don't.
    I can talk to girls and get them interested, but I never pursue potential partners. Alcohol has a lot to answer for - my alter ego comes out and I turn in to a cad.
    I've decided to go to a gay club sometime - whilst the idea of being with a man doesn't do much for me, I'm certainly curious (it's the unknown) and hey, I could be missing a trick!
    I'm going to see a psychiatrist, as my issues maybe from things that happened in my childhood. I used to be a proper strong headed focused kid, puberty is where it started to go wrong haha.