1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or Bi..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by desursion, Aug 5, 2014.

1. desursion

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, I am new and currently trying to figure myself out.

I'm pretty sure I'm gay. Because I don't find men sexually appealing what so ever. Like it sort of disgusts me.
    But then I could be bi, because I am with a guy at the moment (though I am very unhappy and planning to end the relationship with him as I have only just found myself very much into women). He knows of my strong feelings towards women and knows that I feel gross about having sex with him and feeling uncomfortable being naked in front of him, even though I have done it hundreds of times before with him.

For about 5 years I have was fully aware about my emotions towards women. But I hadn't really given it much thought until recently when I was actually feeling very uncomfortable being with my boyfriend and not because I don't love him anymore, but because I have become unattracted to men in general (I guess Tumblr has a spot in my heart for helping me figure that being attracted to women isn't unnatural).

I don't know, I have a lot to figure about at the moment. But I have told my boyfriend that I'm pretty sure I'm gay, and he isn't being supportive in any way what so ever, just telling me I'm just "confused" and "not gay". So either way I plan to end it with him.

But I would just like some other opinions.

Sorry that this topic probably comes up a hundred times a day.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Tardis221B

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

And I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend isn't supportive of you.

I'll start with a disclaimer that you will probably hear a lot. Only you can decide your orientation and label for yourself. That being said you sound like you already know who you are.

There are plenty of lesbians who have had or are in relationships with men. Actions don't necessarily determine orientation.

You seem quite uncomfortable with the idea of being with a man, and from what you have said it sounds like you have a strong attraction to women. If you aren't attracted to men, but are attracted to women, then you are probably gay. But only you can decide that. Acceptance takes time, and it definitely can be harder to accept yourself when a person who you come out to doesn't believe you.

Best of luck (*hug*) (and yes tumblr is a magical place :icon_wink )