1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in Love...With my Best Friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TeddyisaLiar, Aug 7, 2014.

1. TeddyisaLiar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, here's some backstory:

Tyler and I met at a summer camp in the summer after 3rd grade. He had just moved to town and we were VERY similar (we had the same birthday, same interests, etc.), so we became friends. I had fallen for him from the beginning. I didn't really understand what the feeling was until my 8th grade year. 4th grade comes around and we were in the same class, so we became best friends. It was in 8th grade in which I came out as gay (early March) and he was very supportive of me. I told him sometime after coming out (in April or so) that I have a crush on him. We talked, and he told me he was straight and he understands, but it would never happen.

We are now going into Freshman year and I can't stop thinking about him and I feel all funny inside when I see him or talk to him. I think that's what love is. Anyways, I told some of my female friends and they say that Tyler could be bi or gay and he was just closeted. I don't know if they were just trying to give me hope, or be serious.

This is where I need help. He hugs me every now and then and he sometimes talks about sexual things with me. He tells me he misses me and that makes me so unbelievably happy, you have no idea. Do you think I should take our friendship a step forward? Or just hold off until he comes out? I don't know.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and I hope you guys have some good advice (I bet you do.)

Cheers,
    -Jake <3

2. olides84

My advice is: respect your friend, and respect your friendship. He has been supportive of you, so now you must be supportive of him when he says he's straight and it'll never happen. It's awesome to have a great friend, treasure that. But if you are looking for something more boyfriend like, look somewhere else.

3. phony

I know exactly what you mean.

You should feel very lucky to still have him by your side and he hasn't changed how he behaves with you.. believe me when you loose him you will regret it so much. be respectful with him and be thankful you can still hug him and what more... You should wait until you are a little older to make a move or something. GL

4. otter

I'm in pretty much EXACTLY the same boat as you, my friend. What I'm doing is waiting for my friend to make the next move. My logic is I made the first move, now it's her turn to make the next one! :lol: You did the best you could, and now all there is to do is wait, but don't expect anything from him either. It sucks, trust me I know, but it's all you can really do. Just enjoy spending time with him as friends, and be grateful that you're still friends with him after all those years.