1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still don't know who I am after 3 years.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BlubBlub, Aug 10, 2014.

1. BlubBlub

So I'm a girl and I'm only 13, yes... I know I'm young.

So I remember that I had same sex fantasies when I was young where I was a guy a I would be with a girl, like dating her and all that, sometimes I would, think of being with a guy.I mainly remember my same sex ones' though idk why lol.
    I don't really know if I would call it a crush, but In 3rd grade I thought this guy was cute and he was pretty cool. I can recognize when a guy is good-looking, but I'm not like into them.
    So literally the beginning of 6th grade I thought this girl was really beautiful, at first I didn't think much of it, but when I started to like her and wanted to be with her, I was like I'm probably not straight. So I considered myself to be bi. I liked a couple of guys, but none as much as I liked the girl. Then the next year I liked a few more girls.

So whenever I see a hot girl I'll be like ''DAMN, she's hot'' I won't say it out loud though because my parents would be all like 0_0. I see a cute guy and I'm just like whatever, like I know he's cute.

I get reallllll nervous around cute girls and I get nervous to talk to them. So what do you guys think this sounds like, like I'm gay or bi or what... I've known it was okay to be gay since I've known what being gay was which was a young age, so when I come out I know my mom won't care, I'll just have to worry about the rest of her family and my dad's... talk about religious and homophobic. :help: :help: :help:

2. Tardis221B

Its impressive that you know who you are at such a young age, and I'm sorry to hear that your family is homophobic.

It sounds like you already know who you are. You say you are strongly attracted to girls, but just admire boys. You can still find the opposite sex attractive without being attracted to them. Straight people can tell when a member of the same sex is attractive, yet don't want to be physically intimate with that person. And if you do find yourself attracted to some guys, thats fine too. I consider myself bi with a preference for women or lesbian, depending on how I feel that day or month. Try not to worry too much about labels and just enjoy the attractions that come naturally to you.

Understanding yourself just takes time (*hug*)

3. BlubBlub

Forgot to add on something because it was late at night.

Anyways, I watched a lot of coming out stories and realized that I was going through a lot of what they were too. I started over thinking it and asked myself the same questions over and over again. That's why I still don't know who I am. I can see myself with a girl, I have the romantic, physical etc. attraction for girls. I don't have that for guys.

So what do you guys think?:help:

4. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't know who I was at 21, let alone 13... You have a good start :slight_smile:

You seem like a smart girl, my advice is to give it time. You have lots of time ahead of you and there is no need to rush. Sounds to me like you are a bit of both, but it also sounds like you like girls. You said it yourself, you don't "have that for guys."

The question I have, is what do YOU think? Because that is the only person's opinion that should really matter.

With that said, be careful. I've heard some not so fun stories about LGBT children from Georgia school systems. Not trying to be scary, but being a lesbian or bisexual in the bible belt, isn't exactly a plus.