1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Marla, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Marla

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Okay so I thought I was straight for the past 27 years. I was even engaged to a man (I'm female ) although I never felt super attracted to men I never thought about women in that way. So I broke up with my finace and got extremely close to a female friend we've kissed, held hands, even hold eachother when we sleep. Just let's say it's really complicated and I don't think anything will ever come out of it.
    Now however I'm so confused I've tried dating men and just feel so unattracted and disconnected from them. I don't know what my orientation is anymore ???
    Am I just confused and hurt from my break up with my fiancé ? Or am I just really connected to this one female friend and think that a female reltionship will be like our friendship or am I gay/bi???!

2. Budweiser

Google the term 'sexual fluidity' you might find some answers there. I think my sexuality might be pretty fluid and, it kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind being one thing or the other, but to have it change on some level throughout life? Gah.

It's also apparently possible to be sexually attracted to one gender but romantically connected to the other. For example, I definitely prefer a nice set of biceps over a nice set of boobs, but I just don't feel connected to men the same way I do women.

So maybe you're a bit like me. Anyway, google the term and there was another thing I usually tell people to google.. I'll let you know when I think of it but for now, Sexual Fluidity

3. HTBO

You could just be attracted to women. I'm a lesbian, and I was married to a man, but it was never quite right. Then I discovered I have great attraction to women in every way. If you are sexually and emotionally attracted to women and not men, then there's a good chance you could be a lesbian. Why this may be difficult to determine is maybe you are having some trouble accepting this possibility, and if that's the case, it will come with time. It's not like everyone wakes up one day and says I'm gay and then life goes on. It's a process, and you want to figure this out, completely understand. Maybe try to think about your past and what kind of attractions have you had, any to men, and was there a much stronger connection with women than men? I had thought I was in love with my ex-husband, but I wasn't. I loved him as a friend, and have only recently begun to discover what it's like to have deep feelings for someone.

4. Marla

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    There is a definite sexual attraction to this friend I have. When she touches me I feel so many sparks. But all I've ever thought about was sexual relationships with men so when I try to envision anything happening with a women it confuses me. The way I want to treat her and make her happy really makes me realize these are things my finance wanted to do for me. Like get me things I wanted or just do thinks that made me happy.
    I really want to try to date a women and see if it's just this one girl that makes me feel like this or if I'm really gay/bi. I'm afraid since I'm not sure and if I date anyone they will be offended.

5. HTBO

I am the same way. The way I feel about the friend that I have a crush on, and the way I want to treat her is how my ex-husband was with me. I never quite understood how he felt about me or why it was always so important to him that I was happy until I met someone that made me feel that way. Initially I developed a crush on a woman and it was because of her I realized I was gay. Not the crush alone, but the crush made me feel things I had never felt before which led to a lot of reflection and examining my life and my past and this is when I realized the signs had always been there and quite obvious. I don't even question whether I'm bisexual because once I discovered I like women, I also realized I never really felt anything towards men, I did what was expected of me. Chances are that if this one girl makes you feel this way, there will definitely be others. It's a matter of allowing yourself to accept that it is a possibility to have a sexual attraction to women and how this makes you feel. It is very confusing, I know, but the confusion does lessen as you become more accepting of yourself and what you want.

6. Marla

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. I'm very open minded about this, and I felt something so strong that I've never felt about anyone ever and would love to date someone that I felt this strongly about. How did you dip your feet into the water once you starting having these emotions ?