1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I say I'm pansexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Marcy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Marcy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    After serious debate I've decided I'm pansexual, I think. I don't really feel a lot of sexual attraction to anyone, possibly just because I'm so reserved and terrified of actually having sex. I become attracted to people because of their personality. I want to be intimate with someone, regardless of their gender. I want to be held and be loved. But what exactly does be pansexual imply? Does it mean that I'm attracted to people based on personality, or does it mean a person is open to relationships with anyone not strictly male or female? Which one is the defining characteristic of pansexuality? I'm very confused, there are so many people hating on pansexuals and providing false information.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being pansexual means that you can be sexually attracted to anyone regardless of their gender. Being panromantic means that you can be romantically/emotionally attracted to anyone regardless of their gender.

It makes sense if you don't really feel sexually attracted to anyone since you're still pretty young. Give yourself some time and be patient with yourself.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds pansexual to me.
    About people spreading misinformation about it , why not do correct people when they spread misinformation.

4. Ruthven

yeah just sayin, i'm not pan but i really become attracted when i see someone in action and see their personality.

so yeah, not just solely pan people have this ability is all i'm sayin. cuz i see some bi/pan people say they become attracted cuz of personality and i feel like that implies as if people who are more into one gender don't. as if gender is the main attraction, cuz if that were true, someone who's into guys is gonna be attracted to literally every single one lol

so you bein attracted to anyone of any gender, whatever that attraction is based on, that's what pan is. not the personality thing, cuz any sexuality can have personality come into play with attraction.