1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Care For Kissing Very Much?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bisexualkpopfan, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hello all, hope you are all doing well :slight_smile:

So, I was wondering if this is normal - I can feel like butterflies and have a crush on someone, but when I see like two people kissing - Straight or gay - I don't feel what is supposed to be so great about it. Like, I could have a crush on that character otherwise, but I just don't feel it very much during the kiss. Even when imagining someone kissing me, it does nothing for me. The most seeing/thinking about lesbians kissing does for me is give me sexual arousal. I get a little more emotional thinking about me and my gf kissing, but we still can't really kiss yet because we are long distance...

So, yeah, is it normal to not have a reaction to kissing right away or to like everything else but kissing? Maybe I just need to be really in love in order to feel the affect of kissing? And does anyone else feel like this? Thank you so much for any help!

2. I understand where you are coming from dear :slight_smile: I have a girlfriend and I love her so very much. She is an amazing person. I am very into her, however for some reason making out and kissing does not do much for me. I'm not sure why but it's just how it is for me.

3. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Me either... Unless I am watching some real, slow, seductive kissing (but I gotta be in the mood and not the one kissing)... There was a time I really enjoyed kissing my GF... Now, I don't really want to do it anymore.. :frowning2:

4. Candace

Yes you can have a reaction that's normal like that, dear :slight_smile:. No one is setting any arbitrary guidelines that all lesbians have to follow :lol:. If you personally don't get turned on or aroused by kissing, there are clearly other viable alternatives.

5. lostsoul305

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's normal, there's not a thing in the world that is wholly liked by everybody. What turns you on sexually isn't going to be the same for everyone else.

6. Really? Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one - I thought everyone loved kissing, so that's why I thought it was abnormal or something. But yes, that's exactly what I feel. I can be very much attracted to someone, yet kissing isn't very exciting for me. Thank you for your feedback! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 08:42 AM ----------

Yes, omg, that's the only time I've ever felt some affect from kissing - It's got to be super slow and sensual and long too lol. And aww, well, don't feel bad, maybe you will want to do it more as you guys get closer and closer in your relationship with her - I think I'll probably like kissing more too if it's actually with someone I love (like my gf, though I can't kiss at least for a whole year when we meet in person ><).

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 08:44 AM ----------

Thank you so much for your feedback! :slight_smile: And I don't mean to be super technical or anythigng, but I'm not a lesbian, I like both girls and guys - Though I am in a same gender relationship! Again, didn't mean to be super corrective, but I didn't want you to have the wrong idea if you see me talking about a guy or something lol xD

7. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently had my first proper kiss with a guy. Initially it was a huge anticlimax. I mean, it wasn't uncomfortable or anything, but it just wasn't what I'd expected it to be. Then the guy started kissing my neck and oh my god was it good...
    I'm not sure if this helps, but maybe you just need to try a few different things.