1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you describe my sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Miss Emma, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

OK, here's the deal. I'm married to a wonderful woman for 8 years. Many know that were faced t the big "D" not long ago so I won't go into that. I love her and would not have another.

Having said that, I do ask some advice. People, upon finding me to be more feminine often times,.and more frequently than masculine, more often than not just assume me to be a gay man. Even with my partner. I try to explain that gender and orientation are separate, and (perceiving they are open minded enough) that in not really a "man" at all but am genderqueer, or that I'm a mix of both masculineboth and feminine identities are once. Furthermore, I am not attracted to men.

Question is this: being more feminine than masculine, and preferring people use feminine pronouns (or neutral if they can't wrap their heads around a "man" being "she,") does this classify me a lesbian? It seems most fitting and is How I've described myself to my partner.

2. Dakeli27

Hmm... I guess that that might be the most accurate term. It does mainly depend on how you see yourself, and if you prefer gynephiliac, feel free to use that, just be ready to explain it to people.

3. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Wise beyond your years, young one!