1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wrong, Aug 20, 2014.

1. wrong

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,

For the first time I have a relationship and also sexual for a few weeks now. I've been in love with (at least I think) some girls and also this with this girl. The only thing is that I'm not really that sexually attracted to girls. I'm not really a sexual person at all but I get aroused by thinking about sexual things with men.

In the beginning having sex with this girl I thought it was alright and it was all new. But now I'm questioning if I really want it. I don't get aroused by girls bodies really (almost not at all), but I feel a lot romanticly for girls. So thinking about this for a while now and it makes me feel very guilty for her. I'm scared about how to go on with this and it feels impossible for me to tell her about this.

Also thinking romanticly about men feels not good for me either. So it would be only sexual but even that might even be something I like in fantasy and not for real.

So what is going on? Am I asexual with liking some aspects of men and not for women? Or am I gay or bisexual?

Also excuse me for my English it's not that good.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

A couple things might be going on. It's possible you're "homosexual but heteroromantic". Where you have sexual feelings for guys, but romantic feelings for women. It's not unheard of, but as you can guess, it's a bit difficult to juggle.

Or it's possible you might have something of a "block" when it comes to having romantic feelings for a guy. I've met guys who felt they couldn't have any feelings for another guy, because that would be "gay"....but, bizarrely enough, they didn't have any trouble doing sexual things with other guys, under the mindset that that was "just guys messing around". I found that a bit ironic, but whatever. :slight_smile: And a couple of them eventually got through that block, and DID end up getting feelings for guys.

And of course, it could be something else entirely.

Lex