1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could this mean? (Struggling here)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Boban, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started seeing a guy for a month, everything was going bery good. We both even expressed our love for eachother. And I did truly feel love for the first time with him. After that he began to ignore text messages by me or was just really delayed with his replies. It's now been close to 2 months since I've seen him last. And I have been a complete wreck for most of that time, because I miss him so much.

He told me about 3-4 weeks ago that the reason behind it was that he has been extremely busy, working 3 jobs etc. So because of that he has come to the conclusion that he just wants us to stay friends FOR NOW, and that he is not ready for a relationship at the moment. He says still has the same feelings for me.

Can anyone please make sense of this for me? Is he speaking the truth when he says he still has feelings and wants to wait a bit for a relationship? Or hasn't he got the heart to tell me that he simply doesn't have feelings?

I am so confused and depressed at the moment. This is the first person I ever loved and I don't want to lose him. :frowning2:

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your first love is a difficult one to loose, but most of us do. From the sounds of it he just didn't know how to brake up. Even if he did want to be with you and did come back, who is to say it would not happen again. I would suggest to move on and if he does want to get back with you, then let be a problem to face then. That is what I suggest at least.

3. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice.

Well if it changes anything, we never began a relationship, we were just seeing eachother. He must have sensed a relationship was approaching, which has resulted in this. He just got out of a relationship that ended badly for him. He has also said that he feared love because of what happened to him in the past.

I just wish he never said he loved me. Having that at the back of my mind has only made things worse for me. But to this day he says he truly meant it.

4. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry I can't be much help, but I think it could go either way. Without knowing him it's hard to judge. If he's anything like me, he really could just be that busy. I have on 2 occasions had to wait 2 weeks for a first date as I didn't have time! Although normally once you start dating you'd make more time for each other, right? Which I guess would makes sense for not having a relationship now, if he's too busy to give you his time.

To be honest, it kind of comes down to the same thing. It probably not best to spend your whole life waiting for someone who might not come. As Edra said, it's tough but you should try and let him go, and if he does come back to you, take it as it comes and cross that bridge when you come to it. (*hug*)break ups aren't nice. Be strong (*hug*)

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2014 at 12:39 PM ----------

just read your reply. I think that sounds like he's not ready for a full blown relationship. Sounds a little like what my sister is going through.

5. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there ^^. how about trying to "ignore" him too and see if he tries to contact you? I think that you might be able to see if he still feels the same for you.

6. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all