1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by imjustaperson, Aug 22, 2014.

1. I'm straight and attracted to guys. I could never, ever, ever be attracted to a female because of the anatomy, it just isn't the way I roll. However, I do prefer guys who aren't exclusively masculine but also pretty feminine. For example, I'm perfectly fine with makeup on guys as long as it doesn't make them look like a straight-up woman or I can otherwise tell they're a guy. It's hard to explain. It's not really that I'm attracted to guys as much as it is that I am repulsed by women (in a romantic, orientational sense), but I am not asexual.

In terms of facial structure, I never know who I will find attractive, it all depends on the person. I guess you could say I'm attracted to guys who are pretty much equal in their display of masculinity and femininity. I don't really like a lot of muscle mass, either. Maybe it's because I am agender that I prefer people who are similar to me and free of the "male"/"female" gender boxes. Based on this, would you consider me to be "straight"? It's okay if you're confused. I confuse myself. :rolle:

#1 imjustaperson, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Assuming you're basing it off your birth sex, then yes, you fit within the straight definition. I'm homoromantic asexual, AKA simply gay - but I love, love, love effeminate men, and I'm more attracted to them than I am to a masculine guy.

It doesn't make you less straight or anything. Just some quality you prefer. No worries.

3. Thanks, I wasn't "worried" really since I don't place some value on being straight as opposed to any other orientation. I guess it's just like being "pansexual" vs. "bisexual" because I could be attracted to anyone as long as they don't have female anatomy. I guess the only other alternative to that is being attracted to guys. It's just that I feel like it's not they guyness that I'm attracted to. Idk.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, I use "no worries" really loosely. I guess "no stress" would be a better alternative.

And, yeah, I get what you mean. I feel the same way, if I identify as gay, yet would date non-binary people, it's invalidating their gender. You know what I mean?

There's not really a label for it, either, but I suppose I can just go as gay with the mentality of "If I fall in love with someone who isn't a guy, oh well."

5. I know exactly what you mean! If I like a guy who identifies as male as his gender, I do kind of feel like I'm invalidating his gender because that wasn't a prerequisite. It's just that he wasn't a woman anatomically, and had a nice face. It seems like most people expect that when one has a crush on a guy, their "manliness" was a big factor in it. It's not so much that I'm attracted to guys as it is that I'm not attracted to women.