1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Blanketdog, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Blanketdog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey! So I've always been a very anxious person by nature, so maybe this is just my head overreacting again. But I thought getting some input on here would help.

Soooo, I just got out of a 8 month relationship with a girl. It was very unhealthy and manipulative but I really loved her. She was my first love so there will always be that bond. I've stopped talking to her now and I just feel weird. For so long my emotions and sexual attractions were towards her. Before I dated her I could look around a room and find many girls attractive (felt super gay), but now it's harder. I get anxious about having to make a move on a girl, and it's like the huge sex drive I had is now gone. I've had sex before with other women and enjoyed it but I can't imagine feeling that as of recently. I've been looking around at guys now cause it seems like it would be so much easier to just be with one of them, but I never used to have those thoughts before. It's driving me nuts and I feel like I'm crazy. Am I just burned out after this relationship, and will get my drive for women back, or is it something else? I guess I'm just hoping for someone to relate! Thanks!

2. thekillingmoon

Maybe you're not completely over her yet. Do you find yourself looking at other girls and wishing they resembled her?

3. Blanketdog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do! All the time. I just sort of feel like I'm never going to have the same kind of experience with another girl as I did with her.

4. thekillingmoon

You should take a break from dating for now, focus on other things in your life. It can take time to get over someone. I thought the same thing when I was in love, that I'd never have feelings for anyone again.

5. BethLauren

Getting out of a long relationship is really hard to do. It's normal to be confused afterwards. Just take some time to focus on other things in your life. You likely just need a break from all the drama of relationships.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not gonna be any easier with men, you need to tend to your self-esteem before you date anyone.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

In my opinion, I think you are going through the heartbroken stage which is why you don't want to look at women right now. You might be looking at men out of thinking that the other sex is less likely to hurt you. That's what I did with my first ex.

I haven't been in a relationship in a while, but lately I found it hard to get over my little onesided crush, and I can't look at other women right now either. We all just need time to move on from someone when the hurt is recent.