1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to quit on your soul mate?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FantasticFeel, Aug 26, 2014.

1. FantasticFeel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been trying to forget... but neither of us has been able to.
    Me and my ex broke up for more than a year and we still see each other. We know we are soul mates, we both agree on that, we have some intimicy. We try to move one, but we always finish looking for each other.
    He has the bigger problem, works at a homophobic environment, relates everyday with closeminded people at gym, traditional and prejudiced family... and a HUGE affraid to expose himself.
    We've been in circles. When he met me almost 2 years ago he told me he was not into girls anymore, but today he still thinks he may have a future wife. I'm affraid he hurts himself of her... I'm sad we cant be together because of his mind. I made him see how he need some help and I found good professional one, but he keeps avoiding to call there. I miss when he forgot we were two guys.

I think I can imagine opinions, but I had to share this with someone who could "hear" me.
    The world is spinning and some lives are like this.
    Hugs

2. Sidran7e

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my soul mate was a girl who I dated for four years, we were happy for most of time. She could tell me where I was over the phone...even if I was being tricky about it. We broke up over a mistake...I have been at a loss ever since. Sometimes you just have to tear yourself away. It's hard to forget the good times, even 15 years later. Don't force your soul mate towards a particular path, but let them know how you feel in no uncertain terms. That is all we can do.

3. AAASAS

Try to move on?

He seems like he still isn't ok with being gay which can cause problems between you too. It seems he isn't even admitting to himself he's gay yet.

4. FantasticFeel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been trying to move on... you're right, he isnt admitting to himself he is gay... he knows he needs to change, he needs help for that, but keeps living in the middle, hurting me with the yes-no cicle

5. phony

That sounds tough.. I'm sorry... I think all you can do is tell him honestly EVERYTHING you feel, so you have no regrets later and then make him make a decision.. you can not take it from him, and if he says no... The best thing I've ever found to forget someone is to cry a lot and then find someone else that moves you.. you gotta go out a lot for that, anyways, good luck my friend.