1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ryujin, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Ryujin

Having my dad want to talk to me about this is making me really uncomfortable and stressed out and is forcing me to wonder. What if I am wrong, what if it is just hormones that everyone has, what if I'm just making myself into feeling like this so I can be different. What do I say?

I'm sorry if this sounds pathetic, but I'm feeling quite stressed right now and I think advice would be really nice, thanks. :icon_sad:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're wrong, then once you realize it, you come out (again) as bisexual or straight. People have done it before.

Lex

3. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the short time I've been involved here, I have seen many of your posts. I was impressed by how level-headed you seemed, to the point where I wondered if you were perhaps older than your declared age of 13. That said, you will figure it out in due time and you will do what you need to do. Don't stress out. Being thirteen is difficult for everyone. It seems like you have a decent relationship with your parents.Try to mauntain that. Be willing to listen to them as they should be willing to listen to you. In the words of Mark Twain:
    “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

4. Ryujin

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep that in mind, you've both made me feel much better :grin:

I guess the upside of getting this stressed out is that it has distracted me from being frustrated with my bass and I've actually been able to practice for a while :grin:

If you don't mind, do you have any advice on how to talk to my dad about it. I've been feeling very uncomfortable around him, afraid that he's going to make me talk about it and I don't like that. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

5. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only real advice is to remain calm. Discussion is not argument. Your father is concerned about you and has your best interests at heart. Listen to what he has to say, but don't let him tell YOU how YOU feel. Calmly and politely state your feelings. He may have some advice about how "out" you want to be. Some of that might be good advice. I'm not saying that you should get into the closet, but maybe there will be situations where flying the rainbow flag is not in your best interests. I know I'm giving some vague general advice, but I will repeat my first bit- remain calm. Good luck to you.