1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolfy1, Aug 30, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i feel like im in a tough situation. im 20 years old, and i have never had any kind of relationship or even my first kiss for that matter. i am fairly sure im gay (95% sure) and i really want to explore a little if you know what i mean... have my first :kiss: or more (but i don't want to rush anything)

high school is suppose to be a time to explore... for the longest time i was in a little bit of denial witch stooped me from doing anything... that and for the fact that i never was one to go party or anything. so that being said, i just avoided my sexuality and lost out on what i wish was a really good experience.

im in college now (my second year) and i have come out of my shell a lot. i am (as stated before) pretty sure on my sexuality, and i really want to have those experiences. my only really problem is my gay-dar is pathetic! (any advice on getting better?) personally, the only real way for me to know if some one is gay is my looks for other guys who do the same thing i do... check out guys. i still find it hard to just walk up and be like "hey" to a guy i like, although i have a few times, with the end result being kind of sad for me, that they are obviously not gay.

i carry myself, dress and act very "straight" so i don't really get any guys coming up to me striking up a conversation. and it not that im a bad looking guy, im (not to sound full of my self) a really decent looking guy. its not like i can change the person i am to a more gay-ish guy so guys notice me. i have thought about wearing a rainbow bracelet with pride on it or something. the issue wit that is that im not out, and im not really ready to tell people, although if me and another guy started "talking" i would defiantly let him know and see if anything goes anywhere.

i guess im just looking for advice on what to do. i feel as if i messed up, and missed out on things:tears:. i want to have a relationship and definitely my first kiss. but i just feel like things don't fall in my favor right now. i don't feel comfortable wearing a rainbow pride bracelet when im not out (like 100% not out)... that's just publicly telling propel when im not ready for lots of people to know, when im just now getting to the point where i want to tell people but slowly.

I Don't Know What To Do:bang::help:

#1 wolfy1, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Wooly

Simple solution: come out! Then you could wear your bracelet! I know its not that simple. Maybe you could use the bracelet as a method for coming out, idk. Have you considered coming out to anyone?
    I know how hard it can be to start anything with a guy when you're not out. I'm praying that once I make my orientation more public, it will be easier. I guess just be proud of who you are!

3. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i am working toward coming out, and will hopefully be out to my best friend in a month (hopefully the next time i see him in person when he is home from college). i know your right, that things should fall more into place when i come out (as long as things go well).
    thanks