1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uncertainty and dating

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by freeapril, Aug 30, 2014.

1. freeapril

Hi all,

As background, I started seriously questioning my sexuality almost 6 months ago now. For a while I was stressing out about choosing a label and needing to decide what I am. I think, based on the evidence, it is fair to say that I am not straight. However, I do not know if this means I am bi or lesbian (and there is still a part of me that wants to say "no, it can't be! of course you are straight" and delete this whole post, but I won't this time!).

Anyway, I decided to stop stressing out and just try to meet more people to see what happens. But now I am getting signs of interest from men, and it is making me even more confused. On the one hand, I do not want to date men at all right now. On the other hand, the part of me that is in denial/unsure is telling me to do it anyway and maybe it will be different this time. But I also feel like it wouldn't be fair for me to date men right now when I am so unsure. But then by that logic it would also be unfair for me to try to date girls too, because even though I like the idea of dating girls, that's not the same as real life, so I still can't be sure. And in order to meet a girl, I would have to come out, which I have so far not been ready to do.

So the problem is: I feel like I need experience to know my sexuality for sure, but on the other hand I feel like I need to know my sexuality for sure before I can look for any experience...how can I get out of this circle? :help:

2. NerdyTrumpeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if you want to date girls and not guys you should date girls. You will need to come out to do this. I don't know how long you've been questioning, but you should become sure/comfortable with time. And don't always wait fit the perfect opportunity because you'll just sit there waiting fit it always thinking it could be a little bit better and you'll be stuck in another loop. Above all else, just make sure you're happy and don't worry too much, which I am very guilty of. Just be yourself.