1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once and for all, Am I GAY?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BobJones, Aug 30, 2014.

1. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am 18 years old, and ever since I was 10 years old I would get HUGE crushes on girls. In junior high, I started to have minor sexual feelings for girls, but I would get sexual feelings for guys that were much stronger. throughout the last few years, I have had sexual feelings for both genders, but my sexual desire for men is much higher.. I fantasize about men most often, but I still do fantasize about women, just not as much. For me, I don´t know if it´s just the excitement or liberation of acknowledging my homosexual desires, but, whenever I think about having a boyfriend, I get really excited. I just can´t seem to get the romantic feeling from it. I have had a few crushes on guys, even on Tyler Oakley :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, and they were not as much romantic as they were sexual. With girls, it´s the opposite. I do have sexual feelings for them but they are very minute compared to what I feel for men. I feel more romantically drawn to women. If there is a girl I like, the thought of having sex with her is slightly enhanced, but not to what I feel when I think about being with a cute guy. I have recently told myself that I´m gay, and I now have absolutely no problem with it. I just want to know for sure.

#1 BobJones, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Rainbows~Exist

I'd say you're gay BUT those minor feelings for women could mean something so maybe you're bisexual with a 95% preference for men (Figuratively speaking).

3. Dakeli27

There's something called the Kinsey scale, on it you would be a 5.
    However, you could also be a homosexual heteroromantic, if you're sexually attracted to men and romantically to women. If that;s too limiting, and you also feel some sexual attraction to women and some romantic attraction to men, then you're probably bisexual, 5 on the Kinsey Scale.

4. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am familiar with it. I identify myself with a kinsey 4.5

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel that gay defines you more than bisexual, then call yourself gay. :icon_bigg Labels should fit, if they don't, don't use them.

Cheers! (*hug*)

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This^^

7. Just Jess

Labels are for other people. And out of all the other people out there, the only ones I really care about in this department are the ones I'm dating. It would not work between me and a guy, sexually or otherwise. But I'm dating another transitioner. Her thing is as big a hang-up for me as my thing. But I mean we are still involved, and there is tons about her I honestly find attractive. Honestly until I get a certain thing taken care of I am sexually incompatible with basically everyone anyway, so it is not as big a deal to me as you would think.

So on one side, I mean we are both male to female transitioners, how much more gay than that can you get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But on the other hand I'm legit attracted to someone with the same equipment I'm trying to get rid of, even if said equipment itself kills sexy time dead. So does that make me bi?

Well maybe according to some people sure, knock yourselves out. Call me late for dinner. But the word I'm going to use is gay, for two reasons. One, people that don't think I'm a "real" lesbian can get bent, I am not labeling myself to impress them. And two, I am definitely not going to lead a guy on for half a second.

The label you pick should suit your needs is my philosophy. There are no gay police that are going to come and handcuff you for using the wrong word. Sorry about that I know it would be kind of awesome if there were :frowning2: But the good news is that it means the word you pick is the right word :slight_smile: