1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you fall in love in a short time?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hard Candy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a friend who Im having intense feelings for, but I cant tell him about it because we just met 4 months ago. Though, within those four months we spent almost each day talking and being together, and we have become very close. We even had sex once and made out once.

Is it possible to fall for such a short time? Is this just infatuation or obsession? And how would I know which is which?

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't tell him, just show him...

Sometimes, when we give things a name, we risk to kill it.
    Just enjoy the time you spend with him, take your time go get to know him better, and see how things develop. Why hurry? Why all the headaches to label it, whatever it is?

If the question is "Do you think he cares about me"? You'll see it in time. When you meet somebody new, you are under a hormonal storm, so you are for a short time not in the best condition to think clearly... Which is good for some purposes...

Best of luck, and enjoy the ride... I'm so jealous right now :slight_smile:

(Naw, I'm happy for you...)

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It;'s probably infatuation. I think of infatuation as something that comes with butterflies and excitement, wanting to know someone, being obsessed, creating a picture of what they're like and such. Love I think is when the honeymoon stage wears off, you feel comfortable, but accept each others flaws and realize they can be hard to live with lol

4. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, it does make sense to not label it. It's just pretty difficult to know what to do next, since Im thinking of telling him, but I dont wanna look shallow for claiming to have intense feelings someone just for a few months. Great advice though. Made me smile.

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2014 at 08:17 PM ----------

Mmm, if that what infatuation is, I think we're over it. I dont think we're in the honeymoon stage anymore. We got past that stage when we say only good things to each other and kept wanting to be next each other. Now it seems more complicated, not just all butterflies and daisies. Like, I cant keep him off my mind but Im starting to back away a little because I get overly sensitive and clingy to him. We also see each other's flaws now, but we still have fun. He did change a little though, becoming more demanding while I have become an overthinker.