1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to someone romantically but not sexually, possible?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MiseryJoe, Aug 31, 2014.

1. MiseryJoe

Is it possible to be attracted to someone romantically but not sexually? With someone, you would do anything romantic such as kiss, hug, cuddle and such but might not do sexually to them... Attraction wise, possible? Reality wise, that kind of relationship won't last long, imo...

2. Fimo

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not a very sexual person either. Usually when I have crushes, i don't consider sex right away, sometimes i dont consider it at all ... But of course not because I find the person ugly or something !
    I personally consider myself Demisexual, which means that I need to know the person and have a more romantic connection for a while before considering getting more intimate or sexual with them.
    I'm not an expert, but after what you described, you might be Asexual (wich still means that you can be romantically attracted to ppl, just not sexually) !
    And I'm no more of an expert in relationships, but I guess that being Asexual won't prevent you from having long term relationships. Don't worry, you are not alone, there are more people than you think that are like you and that are probably doing great with relationship :icon_wink

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. If you feel like that, you may be a homoromantic asexual. If you feel sexual with woman, a homoromantic heterosexual.

4. MiseryJoe

Oh. You guys make me question myself about my sexuality... Oh yeah~ How come I didn't see that! I AM an asexual but I'm still sexually attracted to some hunky muscle guys with big jock (I'm not romantically attracted to them, though)... I might wanna have a fling or one night stand (hard bottoming) with those muscle guys but the type of guy who I choose to spend the rest of my life with is the one whom I'm romantically attracted to... Does it make me unqualified for being an asexual??:confused::confused:

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, well, a lot of people have preferences. A lot of people like one night stands with sexy jocks but couldn't imagine being romantic or spending their life with them. That's a common thing.