1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by S0S, Sep 2, 2014.

1. S0S

S0S

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had a similar post of this, but it wasn't as descriptive and I feel the situation is too much of a burden on my shoulders. I don't know if posting anonymously will help, but at least someone will read it.
    Okay, this is kind of an odd situation, but just bear with me please.
    So, in elementary I've had crushes on girls in elementary, ya know those cute little crushes. I even had a girlfriend that I completely didn't even know about till now because she moved and haven't seen her.
    In fifth grade, I had a sexual situation like touching with a male family member and ever since we were like I guess relatives with benefits....? Weird. I know, please bear. I didn't know what was going on, but kept it a secret.
    Having that, it really opened your sexuality.
    Now years later, months having not seeing him and being like, 'F**k you. Bye, b***h!'
    I've been lost with my sexuality. I thought/and still think, I'm gay because I had the whole lot of crushes and sexual thoughts with men, the whole 'only two people in the room' type of thing.
    Starting high school, I did the whole, new beginning, do you, type thing: I acted more like myself, out there, feminine, and..........bootylicious........yeah. I even got and still have a boyfriend.
    Starting the school year again, I'm confused as hell. Women never had the perfect attraction to me. The sexual attraction was never, but I'd always be breathless when seeing them.
    But now, I'm not turned on as much as for men anymore, but still not turned on by women like I was with men.
    Honestly, I think I'm going though a phase because of stress from family issues.
    I'm just lost and don't know what to do at this point.
    To me, this phase is just saying you can appreciate female beauty, but you love men.....(made more sense in my head)

Anyone know what's going on?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely can. Women are beautiful and I appreciate their beauty, but I am not attracted to them in that way. You can very well be the same, and it does not make you bisexual or anything, unless you do experience sexual attraction to women, which you said you do not.

3. S0S

S0S

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Basically, like I even had the thought to see my reaction, but I never got turned on. Seeing the women at my school im like YAAS! WERK! and breathtaking. I feel comfortable in my boyfriends arms too and like whenever I'm with guys like I have the urge to hold them cuz. guys. C'mon LOL

Thanks~

4. wisdom seeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't say I can relate to your experience, but it doesn't sound very much to me like your sexuality is a real question for you right now. Perhaps you just have a deep appreciation of things that are aesthetically pleasing. For example, looking at a spectacular piece of art work or a stunning view of nature can take your breath away. Perhaps you have an eye for artistic things. Every artist has things they find captivating.

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, I relate to this feeling, especially the last part. Holy shit, if I had a boyfriend who would let me hold and cuddle and squeeze him. :tears:

6. S0S

S0S

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    whoa. I never thought of that before. Maybe. I probably do, but I never really thought of anything that deep. I see where you're going though

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2014 at 06:40 PM ----------

yaas~

7. irishluck

Out Status:
    Some people
    You are definitely not alone. I am experiencing the same types of feelings, with just switching women vs. men in your post. It's strange...I wonder how stress and depression, both in general and specifically relating to questioning sexual orientation, affect attraction. I have a gf and am very happy with her, but as time goes on I find I have decreasing sexual attraction to women, and my attraction to men has dropped to basically zero. It's weird. I'm wondering if it is a way our body and mind react to stress and/or constant questioning. Who knows. I guess we just ride it out and see what happens.

8. That's how I was with men. I could really say "Wow, that's a handsome man!" But I never had the urge to have sex with them.

9. ClimbHikeBike

You're definitely not alone! I'm just coming to terms with the fact that I can appreciate beauty in women, but that I'm only sexually attracted to guys, and that's just fine.

Indeed :tears: I wants boyfriend!!!