1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexually Frustrated

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LinkorZelda, Sep 3, 2014.

1. LinkorZelda

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello folks, so I've heard from random sources that bisexual people are sometimes excluded from a lot of gay gatherings as we're found to be "just experimenting" or "too afraid to come out." There are some functions that I'd like to attend, but I'm afraid they may look at me and think "She's not gay enough", is this a real thing? Or am I just that self conscious and paranoid?

Also, this banana ----> (!) is hilarious.

2. wanderinggirl

There are a handful of people like that but for the most part you'll find plenty of others that are not assholes. Dont let it scare you or change who you are!

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might tread lightly in the beginning... saying you haven't figured it all out yet...

According to many sources, your preferences are not voluntary, and people are on a spectrum from heterosexual to homosexual. There is no bi enough or gay enough.
    Just be you.
    Take your time and enjoy the communication with others :slight_smile: .

#3 jay777, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  4. Lipstick Leuger

I am Queer Femme and I used to wonder if I was gay enough. Don't worry, you are. Anyone who says you are not is not worth your time anyhow.

5. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is, unfortunately, a huge stereotype for bisexual people. They are assumed to be either just overly obsessed with sex or too afraid to come out. Yes, in many cases, coming out as bisexual is a stepping stone to coming out as gay. I did that, myself, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is the same way. It is totally possible and okay to be bisexual.

Don't exclude yourself from the LGBT community because of stereotypes. Embrace it and enjoy.

6. ajsivy

im just going to say while i was trying to figure out what my sexuality was i cam across this quote (warning i cant find the original so im going to paraphrase(right word maybe?)) so this guy walks into a bar and starts talking to the guy next to him and he says hes gay the guy responds with well im bi and the gay guy says bi people just cant make up their mind and the bi guy responds with no i can, and have made up my mind that your an asshole and walks out

7. Dracherl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm so glad to find other bisexuals with the same worries! I haven't been integrating into the LGBT scene here because I'm bi and very intimidated. I prefer women, though haven't had much experience since I was shunned a bit in my previous town. A few lesbian/queer women made some distressing remarks about bisexuals and I took it personally. Basically I'm really worried about the same thing happening again, and am not sure how to best handle the nerves.

8. Feijoa

Hey LinkorZelda (love the name, by the way). I've heard that stereotype a few times, though not to my face. Generally speaking, I think it's one that is slowly dying away as people have a more embracing and changing viewpoint on what sexuality is. People seem to understand (if mostly for themselves and their research/exploring/musings) the Kinsey Scale a little better and appreciate being Bi isn't a flip-flop, indecisive state of being.

I say, go to those events and have fun!