1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh, I thought I knew

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CornerSign, Sep 4, 2014.

1. CornerSign

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you can't stand good old fashioned highschool drama, you might not want to read this bit, but it's kinda important to my question: There was a girl I thought I liked a lot, and spent months agonizing over her, because someone told me she didn't like me. About 3 weeks ago, she told me she does in fact like me, and we started going out. And I was overjoyed. for about a week.
    But now I can't shake the feeling that I might be gay, or gayer than I thought. I was positive I was bisexual (but more attracted to women) but I keep fantasizing about guys. Romantically, sexually, the whole lot, more than I ever have in my life. I can't shake the feeling I would be happier with a guy, and that I more fell in love with the idea of her than actually her, if you know what I mean. Anyways, now I feel like I'm a liar every time I'm with her, and I hate this. What do I do? Am I being ridiculous?

2. Lina13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey :slight_smile:

I was in a similar situation. I haven't figured myself out yet, but wanted to let you now, that you're not alone with this kind of situation.

Are you still questioning your sexuality? If yes, you better should take a break from dating, because you may end up hurting the girl/guy you are dating and suffer yourself.

When I was with my ex boyfriend last year, I got huge doubts too, not because I didn't like him, but because I was unsure of my sexuality.. I still am, so I'm working on things..:slight_smile:

3. TheAfter0721

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to have to agree with Lina13 on this one. If you are questioning, it isn't fair to your partner or you to keep the relationship going. You have to take control of the situation and minimize the damage while you can. Who knows what the future may bring. The time apart though... will bring you clarity. Without that, how can you fight for what you want? Positive thoughts to you and your future.